gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 08:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  anybody know lots about Rickmans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: anybody know lots about Rickmans  (Read 1222 times)

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
anybody know lots about Rickmans
« on: July 10, 2011, 10:47 AM »
A mate of mine has 4 rickman freestyler  f & f , but at least 3 are slightly different , a couple of them have the fork standers in different places or not at all
2 of them have a smaller diameter seatpost tube , and 1 has an extra diagonal bar on the frame  , ( there is a pic of one with the same frame in museum on here)
I think i'm right in saying Rickmans were all hand made , so did they not have a standard way of doing things or were they just experimenting all the time ,
anybody shed any light  :)
heres a pic of frame with extra bar and forks with lower standers
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:02 AM by benno »
It comes out of the ground!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: anybody know lots about Rickmans
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 01:24 PM »
I'm no expert on them but I'm sure they did a few optional custom options.

ChrisN17

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:03 PM »
I'd say that is a later one. Mine is an 84. I know this for 100%. I brought it in 84.  ;)
Mine has the fork standers higher up. A review I have of them when they first came out said the fork standers were too high, so maybe they moved them after that? Mine has no extra post on the seat tube either.
The ones without the built in pegs were a grand total of £8 cheaper.
If you're mate wants to sell any of them let me know. I want one for my kid when he's a bit older.  :smitten:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Thats an interesting frame fella  ::) I know they made an MRD Badlander with a diagonal brace in it as a prototype  :shocked: Which I am led 2 believe was similar. Somebody posted a pic of it somewhere a while back. Both frames are Rickman made tho so who knows why  ::) As somebody has pointed out it could have just been a factory riders frame modification or 4 a customer 1 off. I know they dropped the pegs later on as they were better lower.

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:49 PM »
You are right that is a later frame,i have one the same with a brace in,but my forks have the pegs high up.

They did start putting pegs lower down later as well.

I also remember Rickman bars with an extra crossbar as well.

MRD also did another freestyler around 86 which was essentially the same Rickman frame with a brace in,but with March decals i have an old freestyle bmx mag with the test in somewhere.

I love Rickmans!!!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

oldboyburner

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:33 PM »
mine has no fork extenders any idea what year this would be

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  anybody know lots about Rickmans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx