gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 09:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Paypal appeal update.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Paypal appeal update.....  (Read 745 times)

martylaa

Paypal appeal update.....
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:18 PM »
In April i sold a PK Ripper via ebay, sold to an aussie buyer who wanted me to send via the cheapest way possible, anyway after sending by parcelforce worldwide i thought nothing of it until i got a claim from paypal, the seller saying it had not turned up, i had told the seller form the start that parcelforce states 60 days delivery to australia, i sent all the forms and emails back to paypal to show them that seller had asked for cheapest shipping and proof of shipping was provided, however parcelforce do not provide tracking so in the end paypal ruled in his favour and i lost my 380 quid, i appealed and again they ruled in his favour, i then sent emails and evidence to the financial ombudsman, got a letter back from them saying they would look into this, i've never heard anything since about june now, however today my missus opened a letter for me and paypal have now ruled in my favour and are giving me back my full refund, just shows not to just accept their rulings as i felt for them to rule in the buyers favour was a joke as i had all the evidence.
Happy days but i never ship now without a tracking number abroad.... :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 09:25 PM by martylaa »

virtualmeuk

Re: Paypal appeal update.....
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Happy days mate. Don't often get a result like that  :daumenhoch:

Offline poolysheriff

• Team Moderator
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Well done Marty  ;)

Good to hear !!

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:28 PM »
coolio mate 8)

tigerbrown

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29 PM »
Great news :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 10:01 PM »

good lad !

trasher

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:22 PM »
good result mate ,,,,i thought the ripper  turned up in the end  :-\

still should have sold it to me mate  :2funny:

martylaa

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 10:30 PM »
good result mate ,,,,i thought the ripper  turned up in the end  :-\

still should have sold it to me mate  :2funny:
yeah i did too for about 6 hours paypal showed as a refund on my account then it disappeared again so i was out of pocket again, this has been one big fook up from the start and paypal have been a joke right the way through, at least i have defo confirmation now of my money been returned

dannywhiteley

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 10:43 PM »
Result :daumenhoch:   Great news to hear a positive result for once.

I just sold my complete Quadangle to a chap from Thailand who offered me £1200 plus £200 postage.  Despite the top price I was dubious especially as he asked me to mark it at a low value on the customs forms.  I sent it via DHL, cost me £130 in the end (plus about 5 hours to dismantle and pack the bloody thing) but it arrived in 3 days and positive feedback left all round.

I was concerned all the way until I knew he had it in his hands.   The DHL tracking via their website was second to none, I followed it from my house - heathrow - east mids airport - germany - hong kong - thailand - his house.

All good, but had a few days of shredded nerves in case anything went astray or damaged.

martylaa

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:45 PM »
yep i think i know who you mean just sold him my skyway for $2200, shipped it to thailand last saturday via dhl as well, he's spending a fortune is'nt he?
did the same to me as well wanted it marked down to a low value but he paid up front and dhl provides a tracking number

(((sonic)))

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 11:12 PM »
You have to watch those dodgy Aussies Marty, I have been told you should count your fingers after shaking hands with them, afterall they are convicts from way back...lol ;D

Ha, jokes aside, what city did you ship to?

Ben

martylaa

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 11:20 PM »
You have to watch those dodgy Aussies Marty, I have been told you should count your fingers after shaking hands with them, afterall they are convicts from way back...lol ;D

Ha, jokes aside, what city did you ship to?

Ben
haha give over mate, i know you boys are top theres always good stuff on ozbmx when i go on it, i shipped it to brisbane and the buyers name was aiden, this refunds been a long time coming, he goes by the name of prototypefigures on oz ebay
anyway hopefully thats the end of it, just an annoying experience thats went on for far too long
marty

(((sonic)))

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Glad it worked out in the end mate, i have never heard of him....

martylaa

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 05:06 AM »
Glad it worked out in the end mate, i have never heard of him....

cheers B

budge64

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 06:18 AM »
what was the oz blokes name as i have just sent some stuff to oz

martylaa

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 11:12 PM »
Aiden watson he's called, brisbane queensland in oz, calls himself prototypefigures on oz bmx

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Aiden watson he's called, brisbane queensland in oz, calls himself prototypefigures on oz bmx

Does he have an ebay name  :)

martylaa

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 11:30 PM »
yeah sorry i meant oz ebay not oz bmx, when ya look his profile up on there its private.

IBThatGuy

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 05:40 AM »
Hi.  I live in the US.  I've been researching the dispute/claim/appeal process.  I've come across a lot of UK PayPal users who suggest going to the financial ombudsman.  Apparently, this office is extremely helpful.  Do you know if we have something similar here in the States?  We've got the Better Business Bureau, but they have no governmental backing, and they definitely don't accomplish a lick with respect to PayPal.  Thanks.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Paypal appeal update.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx