gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hayes track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hayes track  (Read 327 times)

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
Hayes track
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:55 PM »
Took the day off on friday to take my six year old son to Hayes track for a 'father son day' (his choice to go to a BMX track, i didn't twist his arm).
Had a great day realising how unfit i'd become over the last 25 years. Never riden on a proper track before so starting now was an eye-opener, i was out of breath the time i got to the other side of the track (about half way). :(
We really enjoyed ourselfs, but i was so surprised to find a track on a kid's school holiday with no kids on it :shocked:, we were there for about two hours hacking about before  any sign of life, and that came in the form or two fat local kids sharing a mountain bike ::)

Finish the day with a stop at a pizza parlour and a trip to the cinema. The boy had such a good day he wants to do it again :daumenhoch: (result)

If i can keep him keen i might have an excuse to join the OS over 40's class (i'd have to do a bit of training :-[)
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Hayes track
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 04:43 AM »
Good stuff, I take it you were at Lake Farm off Dawley Road and not the old track at Kingshill Ave?

Saturday is a good day to go there as they do a coaching session for everyone and gate practice.  Check out www.hawksbmx.co.uk for heaps of info.  Uncle Buck and Tony DaButcher are the main men and will be happy to help you out I am sure :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
Re: Hayes track
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:04 PM »
That's the one, i didn't know there was another track.
The kids did say saturday was the better day so might have to try that if i can get a sat' off work. :daumenhoch:
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hayes track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx