gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chris King Headsets ????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chris King Headsets ????  (Read 5606 times)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
Chris King Headsets ????
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:47 PM »
Can you get a 1" Chris King Headset it fit O/S Frame/stems  ???

I'm sure I've seen one  :-\
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Bettyswallocks

Re: Chris King Headsets ????
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 10:50 PM »
You can... dunno where though..  :-\

Bet they still come loose...  :D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:55 PM »

:daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:58 PM »
yep get one here

www.aspirevelotech.com free intl shipping.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:11 PM »
yep get one here

www.aspirevelotech.com free intl shipping.

Cheers Fella  :smitten:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47 PM »
You can  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 06:53 PM »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 07:05 PM »
You can... dunno where though..  :-\

They do :LolLolLolLol:

A bear trap with a headlock is better and cheaper  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I've got a King Headset on one of my AP frames and it's forever coming loose.

Diggler is right, A Beartrap headset is a better headset for staying tight. Don't look as good though.  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 09:41 AM »
I've got a King Headset on one of my AP frames and it's forever coming loose.

Diggler is right, A Beartrap headset is a better headset for staying tight. Don't look as good though.  :LolLolLolLol:

that just being a bad mechanic, the one on my Park Tools Loo Roll Holder is fine!!! :2funny:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Any headset of that price, fitted correctly, should never come loose & most certainly should NEVER have to use lock bloody tight  :wtf:
If it does then it doesn't matter who's bloody name is on it, how many races he won or how good it looks, it should be in the bin.....END OF! :yahoo_silent:
Why oh why do people pay over the odds for so called "QUALITY" equipment that is sub standard just because it's got someones name on? Infact i know why 'cos i've done it myself but in my defence i'll add that that was when i was in my teens & knew no better.

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I could quite easily turn out an IDENTICAL headset, complete with printed name etc for less than half the cost that would obviously still work loose, are you saying that because it looks good you'd still pay all that dough because of it's brand name? Must have more money than sense  ::)
Says a lot about the company that make them & even more about the guy who's prepared to put his name on something that doesn't work. Shoddy & greed are two words that spring to mind.

sweetbeats

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 11:07 AM »
My Tange 125lp looked the Nuts but was pretty plop for 130 bills :LolLolLolLol:
Just running a normal jobby now with the tange lock nut and it's fine  8)

sweetbeats

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Threaded alloy headsets are crap.  You cant ever tighten them enough due to them stripping.  Crap idea and bad design on a threaded headset - hence the locktite.  Ive been lucky though, mine hasnt come loose.  All other alloy (tange 125 etc) same shite, same problem.  Steel headsets like beartrap2 etc work because they can be tightened with a bit of actual force to keep them from coming loose without stripping the threads.  Alloy headsets look nice in pretty anno, thats about it

Agreed...I had a steel tange mx with the light blue band and that was much better and a third of the price....not the same stunning good looks but tighter than a flea's backside  :)

thecrooch

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 04:59 PM »
agree all the 1 inch alloy headsets are crap...  but i cant put Chris King into that bracket - there stuff is guaranteed to last and does many years of proven riding.  They wont even release it unless it works perfectly.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 10:15 PM »
Had Epoch headsets on both my PL20 and VDC 24 bitd , they were the bollox because that spring thing really worked  ;)

sweetbeats

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Had Epoch headsets on both my PL20 and VDC 24 bitd , they were the bollox because that spring thing really worked  ;)

Really lilke Epoch's Look very GT orientated though and a bit out of place on non GT bikes to me.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23 PM »

Really lilke Epoch's Look very GT orientated though and a bit out of place on non GT bikes to me.

They were supplied on some GT completes but were a seperate manufacturer as far as I know , I thought the discussion ^^^ was what worked or did'nt ?  ;D

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 09:36 AM »
In my defence I never fitted my King Headset and in reality it was only built initially for a display item for the shop. However I did tighten it as much as I was happy to, rode it round the shop a few times and it was loose again.

They're normal headsets are fine but the 1" threaded aren't up to scratch as far as I'm concerned. I've raced my Robbo with a Tange 320 headset for the last 3 or 4 years and it's never come loose.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Bit confused now what to go for  :-\

I wanted a "pretty" Gold Anno Headset for my O/S racer (or in my case O/S snail  ;D)

I've got Chris King parts on my MTB and just assumed that all their gear would be  good  ???

I've thought about the Tange 125....but I think it may take a while for a gold Anno one to turn up plus I'd heard they work loose as well.

I agree about the "for that money it should work" comments....but I tend to put a dab of threadlock on most fixings on my bikes (BMX and MTB)

:-\

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34 PM »

I wanted a "pretty" Gold Anno Headset for my O/S racer (or in my case O/S snail  ;D)

I've got Chris King parts on my MTB and just assumed that all their gear would be  good  ???

I've thought about the Tange 125....but I think it may take a while for a gold Anno one to turn up plus I'd heard they work loose as well.

I agree about the "for that money it should work" comments....but I tend to put a dab of threadlock on most fixings on my bikes (BMX and MTB)

For practicality if it's for a rider I'd concentrate on steel cupped headsets  ;) .

sweetbeats

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47 PM »

They were supplied on some GT completes but were a seperate manufacturer as far as I know , I thought the discussion ^^^ was what worked or did'nt ?  ;D

Yeah I am saying I really like Epochs-just look not quite right on non GT Bikes (humble opinion) as the seem made to be together  :)

thecrooch

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 02:50 PM »

For practicality if it's for a rider I'd concentrate on steel cupped headsets  ;) .

just stick a beartrap on it and be done with it - if you were show ponying it then i would go for the CK or a 125LP but (and i speak from experience) the last thing you want when putting your front wheel against the gate is that 'donk' as the loosened alloy h/s moves...

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 09:57 PM »

Yeah I am saying I really like Epochs-just look not quite right on non GT Bikes (humble opinion) as the seem made to be together  :)

;)

sweetbeats

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 09:58 PM »

;)
:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chris King Headsets ????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx