gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I need your advice-please help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I need your advice-please help  (Read 2137 times)

bullseyefanatic

I need your advice-please help
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I recently purchased thru an ebay auction(and member of this site) a set of handlebars. When I received the bars I was instantly aware that they had been cut down. The cut on one side was so badly tapered and jagged my 5 year old daughter noticed it.
  So here is my question to you. At what point does a seller( who happens to live in the vintage bmx world) have to take responsibility for the items he sells. And at what point must a buyer continue to drill a seller on every aspect of condition of said items. Or would it be reasonably sane to expect a fellow bmx enthusiast and member of this site to completely divulge the condition so that all are informed.
 A small bit of info on the bars. They were advertised as " RARE FIND" , "NO RUST OR CRACKS", "CHROME IS GOOD",
GRAB YOURSELF A PART OF BMX HISTORY"
  I paid alot for them to get em. Imho I paid absolute top dollar. I know. Its all I collect. And I feel as if I have been ripped off. What really stings is that they came from someone that knows the ropes and knows better.

So please chime in

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: I need your advice-please help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Have you spoke to the seller ?

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:02 PM »
Sent him 2 messages thru the ebay auction and 2 messages thru his paypal email address. Both almost a week ago.

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 04:15 PM »
Keep at him, he should have pointed it out, he must have known about it and he would have realised how important something like that is to a collector.
i feel it is important to grill the seller about condition, as they dont always tell everything as it reduces the amount they get for it. tossers.

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I agree, sometimes its like pulling teeth. You would think that a collector would instantly want to provide you with the best description and divulge all the flaws, as he would have done the same when he purchased them. This kind of action tells me he was only after the money and is not a man of character or integrity.
 I have just opened a dispute with paypal and left negative feedback on the auction. Was hoping to avoid this , if only he would have replied.

synergy1968

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 04:29 PM »

Well i think if you are a "collector" you should ask if the bars have been cut down , more so if you are giving big £££££ for um.. Also yes the other party should reply to your msg .. and dont get stuff of EBay  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:31 PM by synergy1968 »

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 04:51 PM »
See now thats where I get stuck. Why would I have to ask about all the possible negative points. Especially if I honestly didnt think of it at the time. I also didnt ask if they were authentic. Or if they were original chrome. Or original or repop decals. See what I mean. It can go on forever.
 Too me if I sell something and I know of a few specific flaws that will at sometime in the future come back and bite me in the ass. I dilvulge it. After all were only really selling ourselves. Its your reputation at stake. There are members here on this site and on other sites I visit that have earned a reputation for selling reputable items. If an item comes up that you need from one of these guys you immediately dib it. No questions asked. Why? because you know if there was something wrong with it he would mention it.  Maybe I give to much credit to members of these sites. Hoping they respect the hobby and value the investment it takes to play in this hobby as much as myself

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 05:00 PM »
you cant possibly ask every single question,like you say where do you stop?
Mind you even if you ask questions it can still go wrong......
i bought a frame off ebay and asked if there were any cracks,were the bearings good, was the shock ok?
got the frame ,had a crack in it, bearings were fooked and the shock was too. Tosser. 

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 05:20 PM »

name and shame  :police:

jon foz

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 05:21 PM »
one possible idea if they are only for show use ::)

dont push the grips all the way home :LolLolLolLol:

are they noticeably shorter than they should be ?

synergy1968

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Well bud if i see something up for sale from you i would be happy to pp you , but the mother of all fook ups is "assumptions" always ask !
Just be careful with the fact that you got it of EBay and not RAD bud.. Hope this helps
I would have given him a bit more time to reply to. If you have started beef with him good to give him the time to reply ? he could be on hols or away on work ect

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 05:31 PM »
one possible idea if they are only for show use ::)

dont push the grips all the way home :LolLolLolLol:

are they noticeably shorter than they should be ?
They were cut down 1" per side. On bars that are supposed to be 29" down to 27". Thats a big deal for bars that are labeled " RARE" . imo

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 05:36 PM »

name and shame  :police:
I will admit that I was pissed when I received the cut bars. And have been greatly dissappointed by his lack of effort concerning my messages. I will wait a bit longer to see if he replies to the paypal dispute. His reaction at that time will precipitate my reponse to your question. "Name and shame" because if he has a plausable excuse I will save him the public ridicule. If not then I will let him suffer the same fate he placed onto my shoulders.

synergy1968

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 05:37 PM »
The word "RARE" on EBay alone would make me run a mile away ! :uglystupid2:

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Well bud if i see something up for sale from you i would be happy to pp you , but the mother of all fook ups is "assumptions" always ask !
Just be careful with the fact that you got it of EBay and not RAD bud.. Hope this helps
I would have given him a bit more time to reply to. If you have started beef with him good to give him the time to reply ? he could be on hols or away on work ect
You could be right, he may be dissposed. Then again he may not. Silence is a bitch. Isnt it?

synergy1968

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Me thinks can you name and shame him on here ? you bought it of EBay bud,,
Just a little tip .. if you see something on EBay just send um a little msg " are you from RAD " 2 points you would prob get some money of and also more honesty.
SOMETIMES :LolLolLolLol:

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 05:46 PM »
The word "RARE" on EBay alone would make me run a mile away ! :uglystupid2:
Alot of people use that term to spark interest with the uninformed few. It doesnt bother me a bit when I see that, especially if its something Im looking for.   This guy was selling a bunch of parts from a complete build that consisted of other parts of the same brand. He knew better. There is no excuse.

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 05:52 PM »
Me thinks can you name and shame him on here ? you bought it of EBay bud,,
Just a little tip .. if you see something on EBay just send um a little msg " are you from RAD " 2 points you would prob get some money of and also more honesty.
SOMETIMES :LolLolLolLol:
The great thing is, I tried to purchase an entire lot of stuff from him off the site. I even used the "hey I can save you all the fees" angle. But he ebayed it all anyway. I considered walking away but needed the bars.
 After all his auctions ended I tallied up the totals and he would have been better off selling it all to me off ebay. Less packageing time and expense.  All in one box and off you go. He got more money on the auctions but had to pay all the fees.
 Sure am glad I went thru paypal/ebay. At least I can chase him down.

synergy1968

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Well bud that makes sense to me ! not sure what is going on ? Hay good luck anyway ... ;)

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 06:23 PM »
you say he's a member on here,have a look and see when he was last active,may indicate if he's away(or not).

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27 PM »
i know the guy in question,,and before anyone else jumps down his throat he is a genuine guy and loves anything old school bmx and not in the game of rippin people off

1st of all he responded to all his emails through his blackberry and in his last reply asked bulseye fantastic wat he wants him to do about it????  no reply

he was unaware they were cut down as these bars were massive and other people also commented on them bein so big

as for the jagged ends,,,, there were none

now as 1 member has already said,,this was an ebay auction and as such should be delt with through them

end of rant

he is gonna mail bullseye tommoz again

russ,,,,peace and love to all :-*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:35 PM by MADD DOGG »

synergy1968

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 07:54 PM »
:daumenhoch:
Allways 2 sides to the story ?  ???
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:57 PM by synergy1968 »

monkian

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 08:30 PM »
I'd probably leave RAD out of it. As you've tried to contact the seller and if you paid via Paypal why not just raise a 'not a described' dispute (which covers vital information about the item that has been left off the eBay listing) or I'd say it's fair enough to call them 'damaged'. The dispute process will just document the communication between buyer and seller (copy in what's already been sent). If seller agrees to a refund, send them back recorded and post details in the dispute. If not resolved in the given amount of time, raise the dispute to a 'claim' which Paypal will investigate and no doubt settle in your favour where-by they refund you and chase the seller for their money. Seems fair enough to me. eBay / Paypal tends to look after buyers :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:32 PM by monkian »

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Lets be clear about one thing. At no time ever has this dude contacted me about this dispute. Ever!!! He is blowing smoke up your ass to save face. I will post pics of the ends if need be.

bullseyefanatic

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 08:50 PM »
i know the guy in question,,and before anyone else jumps down his throat he is a genuine guy and loves anything old school bmx and not in the game of rippin people off

1st of all he responded to all his emails through his blackberry and in his last reply asked bulseye fantastic wat he wants him to do about it????  no reply

he was unaware they were cut down as these bars were massive and other people also commented on them bein so big

as for the jagged ends,,,, there were none

now as 1 member has already said,,this was an ebay auction and as such should be delt with through them

end of rant

he is gonna mail bullseye tommoz again

russ,,,,peace and love to all :-*

Yo! Dogg. Funny how you figured it out with no mention of his name or the item. Hmmm! In any case I have checked my email, my ebay account and paypal. No word from him yet. And ever! I gave him a chance to reply to me. Then I sent him further messages informing him that by a certain date I would go thru paypal and ebay. That date has come and gone(plus 2 extra days). No replies. Your bro is smokin somethin if he claims he " Blackberry'd " me. As for the bars. Pics are coming. You can frickin cut your finger on the burrs. "He didnt know" my ass. Everyone knows what the ends of bars look like when uncut. These goddamn things were cut with a sawzall or hacksaw(not straight like they were chop sawwd)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  I need your advice-please help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx