gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 27, 2024, 08:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  UKBikeCo products...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UKBikeCo products...  (Read 5419 times)

magna13

UKBikeCo products...
« on: October 22, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Right, now we all know the frames suffer from snapping and cracks but what about their other products? im very tempted to get a set of 'Badda Boom!' forks, they're drawing me in big time! what with their machined 'UK' by the dropouts and the decals are very different and funky! im getting to the point now where i'm going for better parts and wanting to go for bigger things, wanna try 360 out of my locals bowl soon! but not on my bombproof Hoffman! ::) ::) so do you reckon they will stand up to the job?  :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

Thanks. Zak :Great_Britain:

muttley

Re: UKBikeCo products...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Well i ride with this geezer every Monday and Thursday and can confirm his UK forks have not let go yet and in the words of Mr Hoffman himself "man your boy goes big"  ;)

Steve Shindig

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:10 AM »
YOYO, It that company still going?  I'd find that out before investing in any products of theirs as the warranty might be void.

Also, it's only my opinion, but there are lots of bike companies run by real riders who have amazing products with warranties etc.   I know where I'd like my money to go.  Just saying.

Cheers.

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Also, it's only my opinion, but there are lots of bike companies run by real riders who have amazing products with warranties etc.   I know where I'd like my money to go.  Just saying.

Totally agree Steev  :daumenhoch:

Nowadays most parts are the same anyway, its just about what company you are supporting and who is getting some of your money. If you are getting parts cheap (used, old stock, whatever) then that's fair enough. But if you are buying new its as much about the WHO, than the HOW GOOD.

magna13

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Well seeing as you guys have alot more experience than me then could you give me some advice or ideas on some new forks? trying to keep them as cheap as poss, found some UKBikeCo ones for like £60 NOS and thought that was mint, but then i've just popped in For Sale section and seen Marc (kuwahero) is selling some WeThePeople Helium's in pretty nice nick for like £50? so its all very tempting and fustrating on what to get? he also has some nice S&M Pitchforks 10mm that are going cheap? ahh! im completely stumped! :-\

JT71

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 11:40 AM »
heliums will, I guess, be light. WTP are a pretty good company.

pitchforks, well you can't go wrong with S&M can you..unless you leave the plastic bag over the head too long.

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 11:45 AM »
he also has some nice S&M Pitchforks 10mm that are going cheap?

If the pitchforks are older ones (not "lites" or "XLTS") then they might be a bit heavy. Very strong, but not light weight

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 12:00 PM »
nowt wrong with UK forks, warranty comments are bang on though  :daumenhoch:

Heliums are great forks.

Choose not lose  :daumenhoch:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

oldschool rider

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:09 PM »
I run Uk Bike FBR forks which are just badda bing forks with removeable lugs and I really like them and they are light, I was running WTP helium bars not forks and they were also really light WTP have some great products out.

Everyone slags UK bike co off but I think I'm one of the Minority that likes there products, at the end of the day if your gonna go ride hard and do stupidly big airs on your bike FFS don't buy light products they will bend and break no matter who makes them.

Cheers,
Steve.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 02:33 PM »
speak to Stodgy if you're thinking of getting the UKbikes forks....i'm sure he still has some which he can't sell as they don't have any warranty.

they are good forks as basically they are Eastern ultra lights (or something like that) but with UK stamped in the legs....from what i can remember when i spoke to Dibly  :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 02:56 PM »
I like the uk forks and if you can get them cheap I would go for it, just bare in mind the warranty issue but unless your riding like sean burns I wouldn't be worrying.

JT71

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 03:04 PM »
since the UK forks are just a set of off the shelf Taiwan forks (and I'm not implying that's a bad thing)  with UK cut into the drops, they'll be fine for you, if you get em cheap enough to not worry about warranty.

you've not broken your current forks have you?

you could always email the seller and ask if they'll give a 12 month warranty on them, if they are a shop, they might.

in fact, why not ask Stodgy if he has some, barter with him, get em cheap, then ask him to warranty them for 12 motnhs for you.

or just get the Heliums!

or the Pitchforks

or some Ody forks

or ask around for a set of those Colony forks SteveB was doing cheap a while back, i have those, they are ace! they hold my wheel and stem on just fine.

magna13

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 03:41 PM »
Ok boys 8) i'll have a speak around and see whats about and how cheap i can get things :daumenhoch: i'll keep you in the know :coolsmiley:

christhejob

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 04:58 PM »
i got some chrome fbrs.. they're alright..  gonna buy back my colony lugged ones and sell on the UK ones... i just preferred the colony, bit more to them.  look more forky.  the UK ones are a bit.... obvious.  i don't know.    wish i had some standard ones....

anyone interested in luggy duggy chrome UK forks??

magna13

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Pm.

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 06:48 PM »
 :wtf:       :LolLolLolLol:

christhejob

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 08:23 PM »
one's mind rambles when doing chemistry exam resit invigilation............

i can't believe i've only done 608 posts.  feel like i've been on this damn site since i started bmxin...

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 08:28 PM »
thats mad ,you must just read alot chris,or your watching us all like the daddy,until we step out of line.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 08:31 PM »
ps  on the uk stuff,i have been around alot if not all the bmx websites and am yet to see hardly any issues with the uk bars or forks..
low slung frames yes i have seen a number but thats all..
not saying they havent busted but know more than the industry on a whole.bars n forks that is.

christhejob

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 09:40 PM »
thats mad ,you must just read alot chris,or your watching us all like the daddy,until we step out of line.

i save my pearls of wisdom danny...  (and don't do any techstoration..)
i suppose my mid school contributions are limited by my refusal to discuss anything s&m related..

bmxer4ever

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I've held back from commenting on all the UK Bike Co. threads so far, but enough time has passed now, so here goes....

In my mind, there has been a fundamental error in approaching this subject, but I can't blame anyone for slagging off the product.

They said they were rider owned - they weren't.
They said they wouldn't break - they did.
They said they had a lifetime warranty - they sure as hell don't!

People expected UK stuff, (and bear in mind, I'm really talking about the frames), to be some kind of wonder product. And who can blame them, when that was what the company was claiming!
The problem I see, having been around the block a few times, is that modern bmx frames are so bombproof, that kids now have grown up with that kind of durability.
Why else would you see people spinning down 14 steppers, 720ing spines to flat bottom, jumping off buildings ffs!
And expecting their bikes not to fail.
And generally getting away with it due to the strength of modern bmx construction.
Try any of that on an old school frame and you snapped it in half.

Did anyone really expect a frame that light to take that kind of abuse? Again, I know the company claimed they would, but, come on, really?
I watch the new schoolers round my way, and there are plenty of great, smooth riders.
But so many of them land flat bottom, like a ton of bricks, but the bike takes it.
Again, try that bitd , and you were buying a new frame.

And here is my point. If you are realistic about the amount of abuse a frame can take, like we were bitd, then you treat it accordingly.
If you buy a frame made of tinfoil, then you can expect it to fold on you if you land like an elephant.
Anything else is just kidding yourself on. If you're a heavy rider, don't buy a super light frame - that's just commomn sense!

Many companies over the years have made wondrous claims about their products - I know, I've got all the magazines with their adverts in! - and have been proven to be economical with the truth.
UK Bike Co. are no different.
They just got more press.
You can thank the internet for that.
And for their swift demise. You can't kid people on like that anymore.

Me?
Well, I'm just waiting on mine to break.
But then again, I don't land like a sack of shi@t.

Can of worms opened, fire away....

G :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 12:23 AM »
Back to the original question!
You'd probably have no probs with the UK forks, but considering the non existant warranty, I'd be looking for a substantial discount.

I run Colony MVP's...
They're lovely!

G :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 10:22 AM »
i got some chrome fbrs.. they're alright..  gonna buy back my colony lugged ones and sell on the UK ones... i just preferred the colony, bit more to them.  look more forky.  the UK ones are a bit.... obvious.  i don't know.    wish i had some standard ones....

anyone interested in luggy duggy chrome UK forks??

wanna buy some pitchforks?

:daumenhoch:

christhejob

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 10:37 AM »
i will never ever entertain an s&m product on my bicycle, i am from standard country!!

but thank you for the offer!

SaMAlex

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 10:47 AM »
i will never ever entertain an s&m product on my bicycle, i am from standard country!!

Chris, mellow out. That was all nearly 20 years ago. Everyone is friends now  :smitten:

I can see a challenge. Which nice small S&M part can I fit to your bike when I see you next, without you seeing  >:D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  UKBikeCo products...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx