gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Aero reflex new build by an amateur
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aero reflex new build by an amateur  (Read 2001 times)

phelps69

Aero reflex new build by an amateur
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Hi there. I have just bought an Aero reflex frame and threaded forks. I have everything I need apart from the headset and bottom bracket. I believe a Tange MX-2 will suffice for the headset. is there anything else I need to make this connect to the stem properly. I havent yet bought the headset, so if anyone has any other suggestions. there is a Hatta MX-100 on ebay at the mo.

I have got a Redline monster chrome 3 pieve crank with Sugino chainring. What do I need for the bottom bracket.

Help would be really appreciated and hopefully following your advice I'll be able to post pics of the finished product

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Aero reflex new build by an amateur
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:58 PM »
as far as headsets go, i would get a Tioga Beartrap II....you should pick a new one up for about £20.

as for Bottom bracket?  you will need a US sized sealed BB, you will need to know what your axle size is though, probably be 19mm for the bearings  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Alright dude - I'm doing one off these tonight! will get some pictures up tomorrow.

Any old school 80s headset will be fine ( he says, waiting to be told different  ;) )

We are putting in a NOS Tioga Beartrap headset and Tange BB that I pulled out of an old bike ( but thats for a Ku 1pc crank )

...are you looking at the NOS Hatta Unsealed MX-1000 BMX 1" Threaded Headset GOLD - says its 80s so should be ok.. pretty pricey though but if you want to but a £70 headset into a £20 frame thats up to you!  :daumenhoch: ( that we we just paid for a Reflex )

I got my BB and headset from this guy in the states as they were so cheap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Old-Schoo-NOS-BMX-Tioga-BB-220-ST-Bottom-Bracket_W0QQitemZ160370848252QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2556d8f1fc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-BMX-Tioga-Head-Set-MX-II-2-Bear-Trap_W0QQitemZ150381154241QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item23036a4fc1

Can't say for sure that will work with your Redline Monster... I'm sure someone else will flow the knowledge on that..

good luck with the build

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

phelps69

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Bought the headset, £15 delivered from the states, £25 from Vert-ego without the delivery. Cheers pal. Looks as though the crank axle is 19mm. So please confirm exactly what i need, thanks for your help again
Scott

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:55 PM »
yep if it's 19mm speak to Stodgy at the RADSHOP for one of those redline BB's.

sorted  :daumenhoch:

phelps69

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Cheers guys, all sorted and purchased :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Aero reflex new build by an amateur

gfxgfx
gfx gfx