gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 09:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The inspector
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The inspector  (Read 1433 times)

gmac

The inspector
« on: March 12, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Gonna have a go at Nitromors-ing a frame today. I haven't done it before, so what's the proper procedure ? Do I just tip some in a pot, and apply it to the frame with a regular paint brush ? How long should I leave it on for ?

Cheers

Guy  :)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: The inspector
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 09:59 AM »
yes brush it on i usually give it 5 to 10 mins first time messy job, then i  scratch of with smooth scrapper
some times re do 3 times if it holds fast

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:02 AM »
i find that if you have a pressure washer, it is good for blasting th nitomors and paint off. stand well back tho cos it flys everywhere, but this really reduces the time stripping a frame.
I want to touch ORB

gmac

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:36 AM »
I've got a blasting cabinet, will that do ? It's not quite man enough to take paint off a frame unfortunately. I've only got a 100psi compressor.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Inspector is ace, depending on what paint is on the frame makes the diff as to how to get it off.

Sometimes the paint just falls off anyway with no scrapage.

gmac

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 12:37 PM »
It's being pretty stubborn.

I'm stripping a mini Burner frame, to make a mini Team rep, for young Danny. It's alot harder than I thought it would be, although the paint is pretty thick.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 12:52 PM »
keep at it elbow grease rubbish job but can be more pleasing when you no you did the hard work yourself
keep reaplying the stripper it will come of in the end :daumenhoch:

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 01:31 PM »
i just did a Mk 2 Burner Frame Fork and bars, some parts it fell off in fleshy strips and some i had to have a couple of cracks at.

Keep splodging on the inspector, leave it for 15 and then hit it with wire brush.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 04:22 PM »

i done this when i first got back into bmxing.

bloody messy job.
but came up nice after.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 04:39 PM »
dab the stripper on as opposed to painting it on....dont let it dry....scrape off then re-apply if nessecary

good luck, and ive found b and q own brand is better on some paints than proper nitromors...and vice versa

Dave
haro, how do you do

gmac

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I couldn't find my wire brush, so I'm gonna have to get another one tomorrow and have another go. I've got most of the paint off, just a few stubbord areas left to strip.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 06:48 PM »
i had a nightmare when i stripped the paint of my raceinc as it was powdered and a bugger to get off and didn`t want to damage at all due to been left raw after
no1stuntmaster on instagram

stevied

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 07:22 PM »
get a little selection of wire brush attatchments that fit onto a drill and use them to remove paint, works pukka, just make sure you wipe excess stripper off first as it flings around the place like mad and man does that stuff sting when you get it in your eye  :D. dont do this with alloy frames though as it will muller the alloy......

Holmetech

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 12:10 AM »
God you all make it hard work.
I took mine to a firm in Preston,Lancs that dipped it for £10,no shitty work needed. :LolLolLolLol:

gmac

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 08:26 AM »
I went the drill attachment route. Man that saved some labour  :daumenhoch:

Got a bit of top-coat on it last night. Gonna give it a rub down tonight, and another couple of coats  :)

stuey

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 09:27 AM »
one thing that can help it to put the stripper on in sections then wrapping it in plastic bags it will stop the paint stripper from drying and allow it to penetrate the paint -used to work on the classic cars I used to work on but to be fair Id just get them done by a proffesional cheaper quicker and they tend to neutrilise it afterwards nothing worse than spraying a frame to watch it fall off cos its not nuetralised properly.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The inspector

gfxgfx
gfx gfx