gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 07:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  my first restoration project....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my first restoration project....  (Read 1062 times)

Brownie

my first restoration project....
« on: March 13, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Had problems putting up piccies so hosted them elsewhere. Please have a look and let me know what you think. These are bits donated by my brother in law. It's the remains of his bike from BITD. I could never afford a looptail so it's a great first project for me. Cheers, JB

http://homepage.mac.com/jamesbrown7/PhotoAlbum5.html

Frosty

Re: my first restoration project....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:15 PM »
That's a hell of a bike for a first restoration. Looks in good order, just need some LG's and a finishing kit of o/s bits and your away :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 12:39 PM »
cool bike!!!

like the hen night pics ;)

gmac

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 12:48 PM »
cool bike!!!

like the hen night pics ;)

"legs closed til the honeymoon woman !" 

:LolLolLolLol:

Brownie

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Forgot about those pics til too late. lol. BMX and legs akimbo - the job's a good 'un  ;) So, can anyone help out with the lg forks? Do you think I should stay with the white? Think that'd please my bro-in-law. He said he had some chrome forks bitd so it'd be good to get some chrome lgs. Seatpost is SE so hoping not to damage when I finally get it to a vice this week. Was thinking of going with gold bits and maybe gold decals to match. What ya reckon?

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Brownie:

If you haven't already removed the seat post, try boiling hot water first.

As aluminum expands quicker than steel, you should be able to  heat up the frame with the hot water and then remove the seatpost. The good thing is that if it dosen't work you won't do any damage like some of the other methods.

Good project :daumenhoch:

Brownie

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Hey thanks Diesel. I'll defo give that a go. Cheers, JB :)

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 02:23 AM »
Good Luck buddy... It will be nice when its done :daumenhoch:... are you going to sand back and polish or re-powder coat?

Brownie

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 07:53 AM »
I was thinking powder coat white and then get some chrome LGs but finding the forks has been a bit of a problem. Thanks for the comments guys. Any other advice much appreciated. Tried the kettle of water on the seat post but it won't budge. Heading for the vice this week.  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  my first restoration project....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx