gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975629 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 04:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  I'm guessing a few are watching this ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I'm guessing a few are watching this ?  (Read 4628 times)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
Re: I'm guessing a few are watching this ?
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 07:52 PM »
i did mention the other month that prices were going out of hand a bit.
myself and waxin have had many an indepth msn conversation about os parts, and their prices.
as rich haas already said, its all about supply and demand.....garuntee that bloke has a b ox of those little puppies and releases em every two months or so...lol..

anyway pete quad, neil, jono and radman have all the good stuff, so i blame them

BASTARDS

Dave
:LolLolLolLol:
haas,  type that in the translator with it set to dutch, dave.
sorry, but it looks funny to me :-X

until we all die(and i believe we are all 30+ to 40+ exclucing oliver) there will be a demand for old school stuff. Sons tend to follow dads in collections too. If you are buying them as an investment then you better go to a financial adviser and get some proper help. Buy it cause you want/love it. Be happy and peace dudes.  :coolsmiley:
ding dong

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 09:56 PM »
too right my dutch living friend , if you buy this stuff to invest , then you are possibly going to regret it , but if you spend your hard earned cash cos you love and cherrish the bikes and you want to enjoy the things , then its all good

I have seen prices rise steadily for the last 4 years and see no sign of it stopping, and whos to say that in 10 years this stuff maybe worth as much as some other memrobilia , comics is a great example. but it may not and its a risky bussiness putting money into something only as an investment rather than you really want to own something that means something.

I belive we are at the stage when a lot of people are thinking this stuff is too expensive comments are made all the time about how much things are fetching , because it was cheaper last year , but i think it has a way to go yet , just my opinion , for whats its worth.

I can only judge what this stuff is worth ( or rather what people are prepared to pay) by the reaction i get from people who dont know the scene and dont know what stuff has sold for previously

I will not sell another thing , cos i regret everything i sell so price has little meaning for me anymore , although i do want to enjoy a few more restos , it just menas i have to do them slower so i can afford them.

Rich   

subwax

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 01:45 AM »
I wonder if there is a direct correlation between the price rise and the rate at which new members join sites like Rad.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2006, 12:46 PM »

(quote) the huge price surge at the moment is definately fuelled by Radbmx, (a victim of its own success) 902 members! most of which only got the itch from finding this site, but thats a lot of new compitition for the fewer parts that are left.

[/quote]

i wonder?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  I'm guessing a few are watching this ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx