gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 27, 2024, 07:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  another harry leary """ FINISHED """"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: another harry leary """ FINISHED """"  (Read 38191 times)

neiljonarcus

Re: another harry leary """ FINISHED """"
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2009, 06:51 PM »
I think this turning out the way it did was a "given".... you got skills fella  :daumenhoch:

J

thanks for your compliment   BUT  can you explain ?

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2009, 07:36 PM »
I think this turning out the way it did was a "given".... you got skills fella  :daumenhoch:

J

thanks for your compliment   BUT  can you explain ?

.... as in, I knew that with you working on this resto it was a "given" that it was gonna turn out so good dude  :daumenhoch:

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2009, 07:38 PM »
I think I said this once on here already, but that is fooking brilliant!   :smitten:

Good job CUS   :4_17_5:

dirtbro

« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2009, 08:41 PM »
very nice indeed

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2009, 08:41 PM »
Clever lad you like Neil  :daumenhoch:

tigerbrown

« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2009, 09:46 PM »

"turned out nice again"

84profile

« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2009, 01:23 AM »

Beautiful job, love the frame finish, it would appear you have got the process very close to the original

I can understand the reason for making a replica, especially if you are wanting to ride it.....

I just acquired this after 27 years of wanting one!! This is 100% OG

obviously I want to ride it...but it is just to important to ride historically in my opinion....however I have all the parts to build a indentical HLT replica using my Senior Pro...but haven't been able to bring myself to do it to the senior Pro..yet.....and it is true I would always know it's not a legit HLT...even though the spec's would be identical

As they hang in my office currently

Sorry not trying to hi-jack, but I can see both side of the coin in this case....OG is best in my opinion but on occassions, replica's can be done nicely, and provided they aren't tried to be passed off as an original (which this one obviously hasn't been ) I can't see the harm. Just my 2c worth!

neiljonarcus

« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2009, 05:23 AM »

Beautiful job, love the frame finish, it would appear you have got the process very close to the original

I can understand the reason for making a replica, especially if you are wanting to ride it.....

I just acquired this after 27 years of wanting one!! This is 100% OG

obviously I want to ride it...but it is just to important to ride historically in my opinion....however I have all the parts to build a indentical HLT replica using my Senior Pro...but haven't been able to bring myself to do it to the senior Pro..yet.....and it is true I would always know it's not a legit HLT...even though the spec's would be identical

As they hang in my office currently

Sorry not trying to hi-jack, but I can see both side of the coin in this case....OG is best in my opinion but on occassions, replica's can be done nicely, and provided they aren't tried to be passed off as an original (which this one obviously hasn't been ) I can't see the harm. Just my 2c worth!

2 amazing looking bikes there   :4_17_5:   and them irc tyres   :smitten: :smitten:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2009, 07:15 AM »
Neil ,,, you're getting better each time you do another  :4_17_5:

AMAZING work again  :smitten:

84profile  those bikes are incredible , I love how you have one of each Ying CHROME Pro DB and yang dark chrome Leary DB,

Don't you dare change that Senior its a beauty   :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:   :knuppel2:

I cant make my mind up which I like better  :crazy2:

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:36 PM by Hunterdubber »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Neil, that has come up very nice and a good alternative to re-chroming alloy parts :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

MULL

« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Really nice build that mate.That finish looks amazing!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  another harry leary """ FINISHED """"

gfxgfx
gfx gfx