gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 06:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  buying a new skool bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: buying a new skool bike  (Read 3724 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: buying a new skool bike
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 09:12 PM »
.....(or a TotalBMX frame.  :-X)

I thought you'd moved on :LolLolLolLol:

Come up to the dungeon, I will rub something into the wounds  :-*
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

JT71

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 06:08 AM »
.....(or a TotalBMX frame.  :-X)

I thought you'd moved on :LolLolLolLol:

Come up to the dungeon, I will rub something into the wounds  :-*

I have moved on sir....honestly! Total is nothing to do with Unknown.....also honestly.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Don't be deceived into thinking that the new bikes are heavier than the old bikes just because you couldn't get it off the ground - the geometry is so, so different you really can't compare the two.

Forget about the odd pound in weight here and there - it doesn't mean shit really.

Absolutely Rob.

They are very different. OS freestyle bikes (performer, trickstar, etc) were all around the 26-28lbs mark...and the majority of 2010 completes are lower than that.

What you'll find different is that the lower end of the market are targetted towards smaller kids, so you'll find smaller bars, short top tubes and lower front ends. At you height, you need to look at at least a 21" top tube (as others have said).

The best bike with a long tt on a budget is the Kink Gap XL...21" TT, 26lbs and only £349! Bargain.

Oh and upgrade to a top loader stem 53mm reach or more. And when you can add a pivitol seat and post and you'll loose around 1.5lbs off the weight. Sorted.

Give me a bell and I can hook you up.

http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_387.001/Kink-Gap-XL-**2010**.html'shop_param=cid%3D39%26aid%3D387.001%26

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 07:29 PM »
cheers for the  advise, defo something to think about , just got to convince mi women
i need another bike , ;D
 a nice bottle of wine and some flowers should do the trick :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  buying a new skool bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx