gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chain Tensioning
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chain Tensioning  (Read 558 times)

chumley_warner

Chain Tensioning
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Not sure if I dreampt this up....

A fair few years back when I was in school, a few of the lads with BMXs had this chain tensioner device on their bikes.
Now from what I can remember, I can only really discribe them as a cowboy boot spur that fitted between the frame and the wheel bolt on the rear wheel with two small bolts that then screwed up against the rear of the frame to pull the chain tight.

Does such a device actually exist and if so, can I still get hold of them and what are they actually called?
Or do you guys use a different method to keep the tension in the chain?

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Chain Tensioning
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:24 PM »
 :) They do exist and are pretty generic.

Oh, and they`re called chain tensioners,loads of diff brands/prcie levels around :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 12:31 PM by HEYWOOD BMX »

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:39 PM »
dont buy the spur type ones as they are sh!t , see if you can get hold of redline chain tensioner as they are very good quality,
ive also got a set of diamond back ones, which are also very good.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:42 PM »
i used a pair of generic black annodised 'spur star' type ones on my old goose and they were fine and dandy  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chain Tensioning

gfxgfx
gfx gfx