gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old Dogs can learn new tricks!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old Dogs can learn new tricks!  (Read 431 times)

JT71

Old Dogs can learn new tricks!
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:49 AM »

well it's been a good week for me, been riding a few times and learned some new stuff.

massive thanks to Alex & Phil for taking time to show me the way.

now, I'm not much of a rider but love to ride, and the last few sessions I've ridden have probably had me smiling more than ever!

Last sunday I got feeble grinds on a concrete ledge at a small park in Oxford with Alex, had a real blast and got the trick, much smiling and much fun
was had, loved it.

Thursday I got feebles on a wooden box at Chacombe, it has a drive way to launch up and doesn't need much of a hop to get on.

Thursday night some pleb went and parked their car in a carpark right on the line to the small flat bank so Phil said "wanna ride some street?"

Wall rides on a sloped wall, not vertical, maybe 70 degrees, both ways which i was pleased with, though perhaps my best ones were the
"wrong" way, right foot forward. lol. My first left foot forward one resulted in my knee interfacing with my tech77. ouch!

Then feebles on a wall outside the library, or maybe "small step" is more accurate, but the wall had a 45 degree edge on it, so you have to keep your
front wheel right near the edge and your bike straight or the back peg will come off. Nice, got them here too. really pleased!

Now I know they're not the most diffucult of tricks, in fact, if I can do them anyone can, but I tell you what both those tricks feel fokking ace when you do them! FACT!

so once again a massive thanks to Alex and Phil, both great riders who don't mind sharing the knowledge with a novice!

now get out and learn some more tricks!

SaMAlex

Re: Old Dogs can learn new tricks!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Good on ya Joe. It was great to see the smile on your face when you made your first one last week. A great example of its not about the level of trick, its about the level or rider. A new trick is a new trick!

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:44 AM »
nice1 mate, god loves a trier, i need to get out on my bike ive just been to busy at work :(
got a day off today so im going to try and get out before it chucks it down, nice1 gaz :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 10:27 AM »
Sounds like you are really enjoying your riding  :4_17_5: Good lad  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Old Dogs can learn new tricks!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx