gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 04:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ebay: shipping overseas help topic
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ebay: shipping overseas help topic  (Read 730 times)

STUMPYLEE

ebay: shipping overseas help topic
« on: October 06, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Selling a frame, forks & bars on Ebay & someone has asked about shipping to germany. I've never shipped a big oversea's so i'm not sure on the cost, i only ever send though the post office. Also not sure about the damage this may cause through shipping that far. Any comments good or bad will be of help. Just not sure wether to just keep it to U.k bidders

moley

Re: ebay: shipping overseas help topic
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Dont use the post office!!

I tend to find their tracking doesn't extend outside the UK.

There are plenty of couriers you can use.

Try Parcel to go :- http://www.parcel2go.com/  for a quote.

There are some others but I can't remember the name of them.

Its always a risk sending stuff.   Ebay/Paypal is more in favour of buyers these days.   

But if the buyers has good feedback and seem genuine then it should be okay if he's willing to pay the delivery costs.   Check his feedback and also what items he's sold and what he's bought.   If he's  a genuine BMX enthusiast then I'd give him a go.

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:13 PM »
I've used parcel 2 go before now to send a F&F overseas

they have good choice of carriers and different levels of service to suit
and they collect from you

so that was handy  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

ozone

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Selling a frame, forks & bars on Ebay & someone has asked about shipping to germany. I've never shipped a big oversea's so i'm not sure on the cost, i only ever send though the post office. Also not sure about the damage this may cause through shipping that far. Any comments good or bad will be of help. Just not sure wether to just keep it to U.k bidders

Parcel2go do a Euro48 service in conjunction with Parcel force - it is cheap and FAST.  The crazy thing about that service is that you can only book it through Parcel2go.com and not Parcelforce directly.  When you try and book a collection from Parcelforce, the only service that is offered is an International one which is nearly double the price of parcel 2 go :uglystupid2:  I rang parcelforce up about this as I only live a mile away from the depot and I was going to drop my parcel in but you have to through their agent.  Seems daft to me ???

All you need is the guys address and the weight and dimensions of your box and you're sorted.  Parcelforce will collect the f+f from your gaff and they'll even sort out the shipping labels for you ;)

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:39 PM »
remember the war they were funny then so will be funny now lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ebay: shipping overseas help topic

gfxgfx
gfx gfx