gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  do you follow & ride bmx or just ride?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: do you follow & ride bmx or just ride?  (Read 357 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
do you follow & ride bmx or just ride?
« on: October 02, 2009, 05:19 PM »
was thinking about this today, how many of you on here ride and follow what happens in the sport, ie the teams, all the news, events, comps etc... and how many of u just ride?

i seem to have no intrest in bmx as a sport i just like to ride, there was a couple of pro's down southsea yesterday i had no idea who they were and to be honest i had no intrest in watching them like everyone else was, i just wanted to ride and this sunday there is a comp at the park with american pros and live music apperantly, when i heard this all i thought was bugger im not gonna be able to ride then as it will be too busy so a seafront cruise will be in order 

the only things i really have to do with bmx beside riding is this site and i check the s&m site for news on new stuff now and again

i used to love pretty  much everything about the sport but now i see so much i dont like that i dont follow it anymore

maybe im just old  :LolLolLolLol:

Voodoocars

Re: do you follow & ride bmx or just ride?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:30 PM »
I follow it a bit- mainly x games. Enjoy the riding more. I get ridebmxmag every month but dont read it cause its dump. I'm not interested in the whipping/flipping 'low down girls jeans' crowd. I like to see big airs on a 1/4 or vert.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 06:17 PM »
its because of the x games, dew tour, big sponsors like redbull, nike etc that i dont like about the sport now,  being a 90's rider it was all about rider owned companies taking what they love and making a living from it building parts/bikes for riders by riders and alot of these companies are still going or people who worked on them are doing new things within the sport,  i know alot of bmx'ers do well out of the big name companies earning salaries etc.... and good luck to em, take em for as much as u can, but i kinda feel like the spirit of the sport is lost when x games, dew tour nike redbull etc are involved

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:21 PM by kev s »

lazyboy

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 06:24 PM »
I follow it a bit- mainly x games. Enjoy the riding more. I get ridebmxmag every month but dont read it cause its dump. I'm not interested in the whipping/flipping 'low down girls jeans' crowd. I like to see big airs on a 1/4 or vert.
Dam right,i just want to jump like i could in the old days,and see how fast i can get around a track. not even into oldschool anymore.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 06:42 PM »
 :) Still follow what`s going on,both freestyle and racing.As for the X-Gaymes/Dew Tour etc,might not be pure BMX but it shows BMX in a positive light to the masses.Ride UK mag is no longer fit to line a budgie cage...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  do you follow & ride bmx or just ride?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx