gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 12:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  After 2 Years the 20"" JMC Collection is complete !! A labour of love
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: After 2 Years the 20"" JMC Collection is complete !! A labour of love  (Read 9708 times)

jon016847

In April 2004 I set out to collect one of each of the 20" JMC frame models. Examples show are the post 1982 style with the round down tube.  I dedicate this collection to the great man Jim Melton, thanks so much to everyone who has helped me along the way !!!  Too many to list, but special thanks to Don Moor who let me purchase his rare JR Mini,  Mr Radman , who parted with a set of AP bars,  all polishing / re-chroming work / painting taken care of by Biagio - great job !!,   Just....Me....Chillin  (os bmx)  for his amazing knowledge . Matt for trading his AP)

Many of these pics have been show along the way, but this is the first time, the whole collection has been shown together !!   -= Sadley they will be relocating to a new home soon (They are not being sold, but a friend who has a very large property is letting me use a spare room to house the collection,  my 2 bed appartment is just not big enough"!)

All builds are a mixture of NOS / prefessionally restored f&f and parts - Where nos is listed it applies to the Frame and fork. allparts are a mix of nos / refurbished

I also purchased Jims reminaing stock of NOS jmc rub on decals,so most have NOS decals, rather than his repro ones.

1984 Micro Mini  - Only 85 made  -   (I have 2 of these)

1984 NOS Mini

1982 Justin Roos Mini - only 54 made

1984 XL

1983 NOS 3.1 XL  (JMC Standard Bars)

1983 NOS Short Standard    (JMC short seatpost , JMC standard bars)

1984 JMC Shadow (JMC short seatpost , JMC FAB bars)

1984 NOS Black Shadow  (JMC short seatpost , JMC DY bars)

1983 Long Standard (JMC Long Seatpost , JMC DY Bars)

1984 DY  (JMC Layback Seatpost JMC DY Bars)

1984 JMC Andy Patterson -  (JMC Long Layback Seatpost, JMC Andy Patterson Bars)

I need to get some better photo's but I am pleased to finally have finished the collection and be able to share them with you.

Jon W
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 09:25 AM by jon016847 »

gmac

Awesome Jon  :o  :coolsmiley: :)

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
fantastic job, well done that man :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
 :o them's amazing  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

cider

big gratz m8  :) on a collection that is amazing

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
excellant you want to get a pic of all of them in a row . that would look really cool
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
a big up to that man fantastic collection :daumenhoch:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING JON. TO HAVE ACHIEVED YOUR GOAL IS FANTASTIC. TRUELY OUTSTANDING.

GREAT COLLECTION OF TOP QUALITY BIKES JOB WELL DONE :4_17_5:

daz bmx it!

Absolute Quality! :coolsmiley:  well done buddy! :daumenhoch:

jon016847

excellant you want to get a pic of all of them in a row . that would look really cool

Thats the closest so far and its an old pic, parts were upgrarded since this picture,  - when I move them to their new home, I will do a line up shot

Its not the complete collection - THE JR mini is not shown

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Totally superb Jon and a real pleasure to view pix of such a fantastic collection

:4_17_5:  :4_17_5:  :4_17_5:  :4_17_5:

Cheers

Steve  :daumenhoch:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
A truly inspirational collection....

The quality and commiment is clear for us all top see...

STUNNING COLLECTION.... TRULY STUNNING...  :coolsmiley:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
84 jmc patteson is lush, cool collection dude, cant think of anything rude to say about any of them, yes i can, the bars could do with movin forward a couple of mm's on a few of them :D other than that pure class :)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
quality. i think that says it all.

:4_17_5: :daumenhoch:

john
ding dong

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
seen a lot of these in the flesh and they are all mint.no corners cut anywhere.
well done mate.
got to be the best JMC collection in the world i would have thought  :4_17_5:.
that white andy patterson is my fav though.
i love that bike.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
Black Shadow does it for me

Can I ask what's next if you have finished your collection?

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Its been said before but JONO is MR JMC , im sure Jim Melton is very very proud , well done JON , that is fantastic , i cannot imagine how much time and effot has been put in to get the bikes together  with polishing,searching for parts etc... great inspiration to us all
well done Jon , the attention to fine detail is amazing where others would have made do! ,  youve insisted its should be spot on

WELL DONE PAL       :daumenhoch:

silentpartner

:smitten: well done mate, i love it when a plan comes together. stunning collection that all would be proud off  :coolsmiley:

alan  ;)

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Ok collection I guess lol.  No, like everyone else sez, well done mate. :daumenhoch:
Neil

theRuler

that is one hell of a jmc collection.
what can top that though?
what are you gonna collect next?

the burner range, i reckon  :coolsmiley:

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Unbelievable Jon  8)
Especially when it's all been done within 2 years!  :o

greentoad

Hi Jon

Congratulations they look amazing, words fail me!

Now that the big exspense is out of the way and the collection is complete, if possible i'd save up and get a professional photo shoot done and even ask JM if he would come over the pond and be in some of the photographs.

You could send a return ticket for little money, put him up, show him the full collection and maybe even get a speed typist / short hand writer to get down all of your comments, and also his responses about the bikes, how they where built, the history on each one, who rode them etc etc.

That would be a memory for ever and a moment that could never be repeated, you could maybe even get some articles into magazines and a chapter in a book, or a whole book written. I for one would love to know more about each bike and their history.

An outstanding collection and real class.  :4_17_5:

J.

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
rock on jon!!! the business mate !!!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: ... jmc rules !!!!!!

Flaz

wow! 2 years mate thats mad,,,," welldone that man " top collection  :daumenhoch:

jon016847

A couple that did not make the final line up,

JMC Micro Mini

JMC 3.1XL 1981

UPDATED - THE FINAL COLLECTION

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  After 2 Years the 20"" JMC Collection is complete !! A labour of love

gfxgfx
gfx gfx