gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay help western union cash payment
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay help western union cash payment  (Read 838 times)

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Ebay help western union cash payment
« on: October 01, 2009, 08:22 AM »
Sold an item on ebay to a guy in the USA. He's now saying he can't pay by paypal because his account has been frozen and can he do a western union cash payment. Ive never done one of these before  :-\ :-\ how does it work or is it just a scam. I don't trust the person to be hounest as he only has 2 feedback and i think one of them is bad. Should have blocked his bid's but when i tried to contact him ebay blocked me from sending message's  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Just need some advice, thanks dudes  :daumenhoch:

matt

Re: Ebay help western union cash payment
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:05 AM »
i have used western union a few years ago, but im sure a lot of the us guys wont accept it now due to scamming maybe go on os or vintage and check it out, smells a bit fishy to me though

gobshite

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:07 AM »
if it was me i'd fook him off, sounds like a scammer,

western union is a right fook about.

moley

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:07 AM »
I'm not sure I might be talking shite but...............

If you pay by Western Union then it might be a cash transfer  i.e  once he gets the money then he can fook off and not send the goods.   And there will be no way to get it back.

There was a lot of Western Union Scamming because you had no recourse if the deal went badly.

Go to the Western Union website and see if there are any options for purchasing goods and what happens if the stuff doesn'  t arrive.  My bet is that your screwed if your the buyer (which in one way is good for you)

If this chap has his paypal account suspended then he must have done something to deserve it.  Check his feedback out.  If only 1 person has put bad feedback and he has many 100's of good feedback then it will give you an indication if he's a bad un.

But this chap is buying from you  and he has only 2 feedback and 1 is bad then I would NOT TRUST HIM!!

He has no history and what little he has is bad.  If he recieves the goods he could still give you bad feedback and say you didn't send the goods.  What was his feedback?

I'd go to Westerm Union and look at the details of recieving payments.  I think once he's made the payment then you could scam him.  So I think your sorted at your end

What are you selling Jimmy and is it worth the hassle of sending it stateside?

Also DONT send by Post Office.   Even if you get tracking then it will stop when it enters the country.  Get a proper courier that you can track (If its worth it).

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:12 AM »
I got paid by wesrern union once, but it was from Double Chevron so I knew he was okay  :daumenhoch:

I think I just got the email, went to a local shop & they gave me the money, it was quite easy, if he is paying you using western union I don't see any problems.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 09:19 AM »
He's paying me for an item, just not sure how it works at my end. How do i claim the cash being sent  :-\ :-\ :-\

This is the message i got from him

Hi there!
Paypal froze my account stating that im making too much money?
Can i send you a western union cash payment to pay for this?
You will get the cash before you ship the frame and fork to me so it could not be any lose for you!
Please let me do a western union,all i need is a first and last name of person that can claim funds and a town and city im sending funds to!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:21 AM by jimmyp »

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 09:21 AM »
He's paying me for an item, just not sure how it works at my end. How do i claim the cash being sent  :-\ :-\ :-\

Just find a local western union center & take the email & some ID, I only used it once & it was not a problem  :daumenhoch:

winnit93

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 09:30 AM »
dont do it jimmy he's about to bend you over and stick it up ur kak pipe :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Tell him to set up a new paypal account Jim..if he wants to pay for the item it will take him 5 minutes...here's some western union scams http://www.scams.flipshark.com/westernunion.html
Or failing that tell him to send the dollars recorded  ;)

toys19

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 07:05 PM »
You cant lose I dont know what all the fuss is about - he is sending you money right?
So you got o western union with your id and the transaction number, they give you CASH! When you get the cash, then you can feel safe in the knowledge that he is an honest guy and you send him the stuff, he is the one at risk here..

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Tell him him to get someone he knows to Paypal you the money instead. No Paypal no goods.

Or just tell him to fcuk off :knuppel2:

bodamus ;)

toys19

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Tell him him to get someone he knows to Paypal you the money instead. No Paypal no goods.

bodamus ;)

?????????????

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms in what way is jimmy at risk here. Last time I got money through western union it was cash, you get the cash, you send the goods where is the problem?

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 09:30 PM »
I just need your bank account details and sort code and i will wire you the monies...

I'd fook him off

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 09:36 PM »

bodamus ;)

?????????????

Can anyone explain to me in simple terms in what way is jimmy at risk here. Last time I got money through western union it was cash, you get the cash, you send the goods where is the problem?

I totally agree, if you don't get the money, don't send the stuff  8)

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 11:39 PM »
tell him to go to his bank and get you sterling remember he is fecking you around tell him what you want

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 04:16 AM »
Problem is that the buyer needs your Bank details to transfer the money into your account. Not a good idea :idiot2:

If you had wanted paying by western union money transfer then you would have asked for it. No paypal no goods.

bodamus.

toys19

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 09:44 AM »

Problem is that the buyer needs your Bank details to transfer the money into your account. Not a good idea :idiot2:

If you had wanted paying by western union money transfer then you would have asked for it. No paypal no goods.

bodamus.

:idiot2:

Bodamus, sorry mate but you just have no idea what you are talking about.

You do not need bank details to receive a western union money transfer. The guy sending the money (in this case Jimmy's buyer int he states) might have to use cash or a credit card to pay Jimmy, he gives the Western Union office Jimmys personal detail (name and address and local western union office) they make the transfer and give the buyer a transaction number, buyer sends the number to Jimmy, he goes to Western Union office with number and identification, they give him the cash. fooking safe and fooking easy. 

If it was the other way round, then I would tell him to fook off too, but Jimmy is the one receiving the money, whilst keeping the goods in his possesion until he see's CASH!!!!!!

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Can't see any problem for you Jimmy, you send the goods only when you've picked up the money at a place near you.
looks like 0% risk if you can deal with driving a pair a miles to get paid..

The risk is totally on the buyer's side.

I used it a few times before with people I trust, when my Paypal was a bit low, and as Chris said, worked fine !

The company clearly states this way of payment is by no means aimed to be used for internet purchases, I think they might even "forbid" it, in order to avoid massive sams, but each to their own, if your buyer wants it that way... doesn't make a big difference for you (all fees are for the money sender, aswell)

toys19

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Also from the receiver's point of view (Jimmy's) this is better than paypal, no charges, and no risk of chargebacks!

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 11:29 AM »
Also from the receiver's point of view (Jimmy's) this is better than paypal, no charges, and no risk of chargebacks!

X2 Zero risk for you Jimmy, take the money  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Thanks for all the advice dudes, ive sent the details he needs and he will be sending the payment form over soon, Ill let you know how i got on  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay help western union cash payment

gfxgfx
gfx gfx