gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Reading clubs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Reading clubs  (Read 1355 times)

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Reading clubs
« on: September 29, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Are there any members on here that were members of 210 Eagles(track by Reading bridge) or Reading Hawks(track in Tadley)?

part time

Re: Reading clubs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:38 AM »
I was a member of Reading Hawks (Tadley)......not that I can remeber much about it, seems a very long time ago.

darren

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57 AM »
i raced at 210 eagles, seem to remember beating you there dave  ;)   

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:20 PM »
so you keep reminding me Darren  :LolLolLolLol: .Did i get chance to show you those slides i brought to MK06 of the old days racing Farnham,Odiham etc?I'm going to try to get them onto digital format,got about 40.Hope Claire's(sp) doing ok.

darren

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 03:47 PM »
claire is on the mend slowly cheers.  no not seen the slides be cool if you can get them done dave. i have a few from bitd as well i guess i should get them sorted and posted up on here.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Glad shes on the mend,never met her but as your a buddy,feel for her/you.I think one of those gadgets that converts slides to digi is on the cards for the x-mas list.

Dave.

Rich Simpson

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 09:20 AM »
I used to ride for Reading Hawks (Tadley) and 210 Eagles a long long time ago. I rode for the Basingstoke Beas as well.
Rich Simpson........rode from 1981 to 1992 mostly on a Robinson.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:41 AM »
Morning Rich,the name rings a bell.I'm desperatly trying to find an old south central race program,got all the names in there.I'll be back when/if i find it.Welcome to RAD.

Dave

Mc V

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Hi mate, I used to race at Tadley track along with my cousin, 1981to 85, good idea getting a southern central set up, I'm in!

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Mc V,what age group were you in ,in 85?welcome to RAD also.

Mc V

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 11:12 PM »
Cheers, I would have been 14's to 15's back in 85, Tadley was my home track but also road Henley, Farnborough, Bournemouth, how about you did you race Tadley?

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 06:31 PM »
Mc V,i cant remember how they did the age group ruling,so i can remember if iwas 15 or 16.SOunds like we raced at the same places,especially Henley...i live there,was a long term member of Henley Hornets.My names David Brick,ring any bells?
 Raced at Tadley many,many times,remember one race,because she had no competition,they put Sarah Jane Nichols in with us lads,i came 1st  :shocked: .the only time i could ever say i beat a world champ.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 06:35 PM by HUTCHMAN »

hopesy

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 08:49 PM »
I raced Rich Simpson there a few times at tadley and 210 :)

Mc V

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 01:59 PM »
Hi David, sorry for the delay in my responce, I raced loads at Henley, along with my cousin, my name is Paul Viccars and my cousin was Stephen Griffiths! As for Tadley sounds as if you were in my age group as Sarah Jane was in my race age group as well and I also raced her many times, I think she beat me a few times....  :( .....I was also at school with her and still in touch with her today, I'm trying to get her to sell me some of her old race bits,  ;D, cant say I remember your name but it's been a few years and the memory is on the way out! what bike did you race that might remind me, I raced a Redline 600a! cheers Paul

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 06:48 PM »
Cheers for that Paul,your name certainly rings bells.raced on a red Hutch(chrome forks)then a chrome JMC DY then a blue/black/chrome Haro Group 1.one guy you may remember from Henley was Darren Baker,grade 1 haircut, very nasty/dirty rider(i hit the deck at the bottom of the table top only to find a footprint on my downtube)guess who??he rode a Curtis btw.What about Johnathan Clever,rode a chrome GT,normally at the back.Do you remember racing at Henley when the filmed it,not tv,just a guy called Russ Abbot with an upmarket video camera,these videos vere available to club members(still have the video).let me know anything/anyone else you remember.

A very bad pic of me at Henley on the Hutch

Dave.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Reading clubs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx