gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 12:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WE ARE LEVEL T-shirts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WE ARE LEVEL T-shirts  (Read 1679 times)

level

WE ARE LEVEL T-shirts
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Hey Guys,

I need a massive favour, I need some feedback on my website and my tees,  I don't just want "they look ace", I want know if you guys really like them, and would buy them, (don't worry, I won't actually make you).

Please be as honest as you can, I won't take offense, nor hunt you down and kill you, I just want to know.

Cheers you guys.

Justin

www.wearelevel.com and Ill post the pics of the tees here in a min.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:51 PM by level »

level

Re: WE ARE LEVEL T-shirts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 08:54 PM »

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:07 PM »
I like them & would buy one or two, as long as they are made from quality material  :daumenhoch:

I like No 1,2,3,5,6,7,13 & 16
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:11 PM by wish id kept my TA »

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:30 PM »
ive just checked your website, chicks on bmx's is always a winner nice1. youve got some good designs, the only thing for me is the price of the t-shirts, for the market your probably aiming at(teenagers not 40 year old sad gits who are still into kids bikes) they might be a bit steep, but good on you mate hope it works out for you :daumenhoch:

djgivvinup

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:45 PM »
When you have written, "we pride ourself's" on your front page is that meant for effect or is it that you just can't spell?  :LolLolLolLol:

Havn't even looked at the tee's yet either  :2funny:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:00 PM »
 :) 2nd shirt looks good,however the skulls on some of the others look like they were drawn by a 3 year old.There doesn`t seem to be much to differentiate between these and any other small indy T companies.Nothing shouts "buy me" in a big way.Just my humble opinion though :daumenhoch: 

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Visually, I like what you're doing but the most of the writing on your site is a bit poor.  By poor I mean grammatically and not very to the point.  You need to find someone who can write in a more succinct/punchier style.  Someone who can say what you want to say in less words.

The website looks great and very "in the groove" of the market you're trying to tap into.

I'm not that keen on some of the graphics of the tees, but the t-shirt with the blackline drawing of London on it is really nice, I would probably buy one of those (and if whoever the artist is who drew it wants to do any work for Dialled Bikes he should drop me an e-mail).  I also think the pricing of the t-shirts is fair considering you do everything in-house (according to the site).  I like the variety of colours.

The stickers look a bit low rent.  Like those special offer stickers in supermarkets.  If you want people to sport your stickers on their bikes and boards you need to make some they'll be proud to slap on there.  It's obvious you guys have some great in-house graphic skills, so making a decent sticker sheet shouldn't be a problem.

Hope that helps.  Great to see you guys giving it a go and you're definitely heading in the right direction.  Maybe one day you'll be as successful as Howies.

JT71

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 07:46 AM »
hey some cool designs there, I don't love em all, but then it'd be dull if we all liked the same.

most of the Level logos are cool, don't like the golf, but then I just don't like golfs, love the snowboard and bmx ones.

not checked out the website, but I'd wear them tees for sure.

the skulls one is the odd one out though, looks like it doesn't belong. is that the skull from the scotch video tapes ads?  :LolLolLolLol:

EDIT: OKAY i WON'T WEAR YOUR SHIRTS COS YOU ONLY HAVE MEDIUM AND LARGE! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH.

come back when you have XXL and I'll be ordering Grass is Greeener.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:48 AM by JT71 »

part time

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 09:07 AM »
^^ what he said about sizes...but then maybe 'wide' old timers aren't your target market...

JT71

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 09:25 AM »
and also Level dude, now you have  a website and some product you'd probably get a better repsonse to a call for photo
shoot bikes!

I'm in!

:LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Nice designs,fave is the white one with the city scape doodle on it Number 5  :daumenhoch:

jedi

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 09:41 AM »
i like the rage against the machine lyrics one

WizardWeb

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2009, 10:43 AM »
I like the tee's especially the 'James' type one with the logo on the bottom left. They're all good designs, fresh and different to other stuff on the market.

In terms of the website, there's an inconsistancy in the text backgrounds. I think it would look better as a solid white (as on the catalogue page) instead of the broken backgrounds. The rest of it is very up to date and stylish but the text backgrounds are letting it down. I know it would cover up the chick, but you can't have everything ! :LolLolLolLol:

Overall though - I like.

level

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2009, 10:58 AM »
WOW... what a great respones guys, thanks!

We have been over my spelling in another thread, so lets not go there today! :tickedoff:

and also Level dude, now you have a website and some product you'd probably get a better repsonse to a call for photo
shoot bikes!

I'm in!

:LolLolLolLol:

We did have the website up and running, with product, although it was just a basic site, while we worked on this version.

EDIT: OKAY i WON'T WEAR YOUR SHIRTS COS YOU ONLY HAVE MEDIUM AND LARGE! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH.
come back when you have XXL and I'll be ordering Grass is Greeener.

Our current budget would only stretch to the sizes we knew we're going to be easier to sell , i.e. Medium and Large. There are of courser plans to stock right from S to XXL, we just need to sell more! lol

Visually, I like what you're doing but the most of the writing on your site is a bit poor.  By poor I mean grammatically and not very to the point.  You need to find someone who can write in a more succinct/punchier style.  Someone who can say what you want to say in less words.

Funny, Thats is my weak point, I know what I want to say, but tend to over complicate it, or sound like I'm simple! (I am both), I'v just sent another email to my Jurno friend who write for the Times, Ill get her to work the magic.

I'm not that keen on some of the graphics of the tees, but the t-shirt with the blackline drawing of London on it is really nice, I would probably buy one of those (and if whoever the artist is who drew it wants to do any work for Dialled Bikes he should drop me an e-mail).  I also think the pricing of the t-shirts is fair considering you do everything in-house (according to the site).  I like the variety of colours.

That would be me, It took a day or two, and I'm currently working on NEW YORK, SAN-FRAN, PARIS and the Statue of Jeuse in Rio

The stickers look a bit low rent.  Like those special offer stickers in supermarkets.  If you want people to sport your stickers on their bikes and boards you need to make some they'll be proud to slap on there.  It's obvious you guys have some great in-house graphic skills, so making a decent sticker sheet shouldn't be a problem.

They we're supposed to look just like that, A kinda two fingers to the face of the media/supermarkets advertising escalated "credit crunch" shit! We actually put up about 60 around our local ASDA before getting banned! Again, I'm working on some new stickers! So much to do.
Hope that helps.  Great to see you guys giving it a go and you're definitely heading in the right direction.  Maybe one day you'll be as successful as Howies.

Now that would be dream come true!

:) 2nd shirt looks good,however the skulls on some of the others look like they were drawn by a 3 year old.There doesn`t seem to be much to differentiate between these and any other small indy T companies.Nothing shouts "buy me" in a big way.Just my humble opinion though :daumenhoch: 

3 year old?  thats harsh! I can at least draw like a 5 or even 6 year old!

Agreed, I really have to up my game regarding some of the designs, but I'm also going through a massive learning curve regarding the screen printing and the stitching I'm learning too.  Lately I have been experimenting with Water base ink, for a really nice soft hand, and homemade spray cans to stencil/over spray and add to he designs (back to my old graff roots),

I'm looking forward to getting that dialed!

Thanks again guys

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2009, 11:37 AM »
 :) Hope I wasn`t too neg in my comments,not my intention.At least you`re doing a bit of research and can use some of the feedback to improve your site and designs :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 11:56 AM »
like some of the T' your site looks good, poss get one of these guys to come over for the next photo shoot and get the sexy lady to straddle something a little more nice OS than the mag20  ;) a ripper would look cooler, im sure some would jump at a chance  :LolLolLolLol: good luck as i know this is a big market to get into ,

paul

sid1972

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I like them all, BUT:

You have got to look for that 'something different' that makes your's stand out (not easy, I know).  I do like the idea of the limited number of prints, used to love buying the Paul Smith stuff because of that.

The question is, what made 'CHIPPIE' and 'STUSSY' so big? Less competition?

Maybe try a combination of media - embroidery (logo) - printed design. Get some designs laid down, not printed on tee's and do 'one off' combinations to order, I would pay more for that... push to get your stuff in a well known location, a good skateboard, bike or cool coffee shop, just using your site may limit your market. Get the local kids wearing it or someone you know who is well cool and can get your product seen just by having it on (even if you have to give some away).

support a competition at a skatepark or BMX track, best rider etc 'gets a t-shirt'.. school's have rewards assemblies for attendance or best sports person, get involved and advertise yourself through an assembly, giving rewards.

On the up - you are doing it fella! Just keep pushing the idea's and keep it fresh!  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 12:16 PM »
I understand the sizing issues, but I was ready to buy only to be disappointed when it came to size,
now it might not mean much, but you lost a customer already.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 12:30 PM »
Good luck with you business.  Are you anything to do with the Level in Brighton?

we are level

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 01:12 PM »

That would be me, It took a day or two, and I'm currently working on NEW YORK, SAN-FRAN, PARIS and the Statue of Jeuse in Rio

Get off the forums and get drawing them :LolLolLolLol:

level

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Hey guys sorry for my lack of responses and posting, I have beedn reading but its Chicken Oriental here at LEVEL TOWERS,

I really need some more feedback please guys,

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Love that bottom image with the bikini bird but what a shit bike she's on  ::), otherwise keep refining your overall image and broaden your designs a bit more and you'll get there.... best of luck mate :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Them last 3 are spot on  :daumenhoch:

I think I might have a spend up  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

mamadirt

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 10:03 PM »
Loving the RATM and St Pauls t's - be nice to see womens' sizes though.  Site looks good but catalogue pop ups are a bit difficult to see over the background pic . . . oh, it's a woman on a bike  ;)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Them last 3 are spot on  :daumenhoch:

I think I might have a spend up  :daumenhoch:

Well I tried to purchase a couple of T`s but the web site wouldn`t work properly  :yahoo_silent:

How about you purchase a `Site Supporter` tag and you can sell though this site  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WE ARE LEVEL T-shirts

gfxgfx
gfx gfx