gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  UnKnownBikeCo.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UnKnownBikeCo.  (Read 976 times)

magna13

UnKnownBikeCo.
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Seem's that everything on eBay is going cheap as, Their bars, forks, dirt jump frames, Just wish i could find a cheap Revolution frame, would love one :( anyone know of one going?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:31 PM by magna13 »

Bettyswallocks

Re: UnKownBikeCo.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:40 AM »
They're cheap for a reason Zac...   ::)

magna13

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Is because the company's gone bust? or was that rumours i heard? ???

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:39 PM »

The brand is long gone... try making a warranty claim if... more like when it goes ping

About to re-appear under the name 'total bmx' with slightly re-designed frames initially intended as the improved ukbikeco frames

magna13

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Shame they're gone, seemed a company with much potential, why cant they just come back as UnKnownBikeCo, seemed a sweet company name, also loved their decals :smitten:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:14 PM »
in my oppinion there's nowt wrong with the bars or forks....but they will have no warranty, so you pays your money and takes your choice i guess?

i would ride one of the frames but then i don't really ride that much or do anything that would brake a bulser wood frame  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 01:24 PM »

About to re-appear under the name 'total bmx' with slightly re-designed frames initially intended as the improved ukbikeco frames

Total have got nothing to do with the company that is/was Unknown
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: UnKnownBikeCo.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 01:55 PM »
I would say that for 80% of riders on here these Unknown frames will be fine for the sort of riding we do  :)

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:48 PM »
Total have got nothing to do with the company that is/was Unknown

Apart from having most of the same people working for them, having pretty much if not identical designs, using the same factory to make there parts, links to Unknown's parent company, etc, etc. They are not Totally different (pun intended).

Unknown went bust in under a year for putting out extremely lightweight frames which were untested and which snapped extremely easily because of the poor design. They sold a lot of frames because the magazines and websites informing the kids of what is good and what is bad, ran the company's advertising blurb as a product review saying that they could make frames so much lighter than anyone else because they'd invented an amazing heat treating process. Ultimately a huge amount of frames failed, the company couldn't afford to warranty all of them, they consequently went bust, leaving kids without bikes and shops who sold them up the creek.

That's pretty much it. I'd never ride there parts, it's just not worth it, support a decent company.

gobshite

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 07:06 PM »
will the new unknown/uttershit frames comes with the same removable headtube? :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Joe...I love you! I mean, Darkersomeday, not me, okay, I love me too.

the forks are the eastern forks, same thing cept for the name, so they should be fine.

yeah, Total is so nothing to do with UnKnown. Sometimes, you know, if you say it enough people will believe it.

like....only 3 have broken...honest, ever, and those had the tubes welded on the wrong way, the heat treated bit was at the wrong end...but weren't they
full heat treated? wait, no, I'm just being mean, they are real good frames with a life time warranty...does Webby ride a Total? or still a WTP lofi?

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 07:21 PM »
the forks are the eastern forks, same thing cept for the name, so they should be fine.

Hahaha, if you have to validate something by saying it is the same as an Eastern, you know your company has problems. I am going to post a picture when I go home of the Eastern in my front room, you'll have a good laugh at the negative rake on the forks, after one ride I might add.

BTW I have nothing against any of these companies, but there is just so little balanced reviewing of parts these days that there needs to be some real feedback given even if it is negative.

I saw both sides of the handlebars snapped off a Kink complete the other day, on its first ride and it had a positive review in the magazines too...

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 07:27 PM »

yeah, Total is so nothing to do with UnKnown. Sometimes, you know, if you say it enough people will believe it.

like....only 3 have broken...honest, ever, and those had the tubes welded on the wrong way, the heat treated bit was at the wrong end...but weren't they
full heat treated? wait, no, I'm just being mean, they are real good frames with a life time warranty...does Webby ride a Total? or still a WTP lofi?

:LolLolLolLol:  your hatred hasn't faded then, what did they do you anyway?
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

JT71

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 07:34 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:  your hatred hasn't faded then, what did they do you anyway?

hate is a very strong word, I'm a lover not a hater!

they didn't do owt to me, just managed to string a load of people along with bullsh1t...and thought that was wrong.
sometimes, someone has to look at bullsh1t and  say hang on that's not right, instead of everyone just noshing the bullsh1tters off.  :LolLolLolLol:they got found out in
the end.

but if my hate is wrong, maybe I need a trip tot he digglers dungeon to sort me out.... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 07:48 PM »
The Dungeon is always open dude  :daumenhoch: .

Hate leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side..... where I will be at my usual table  ;D

JT71

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 07:54 PM »
The Dungeon is always open dude  :daumenhoch: .

Hate leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side..... where I will be at my usual table  ;D

well currently I'm not hating anyone, or angry with anyone. so I'm all good......but still have a table reserved near to yours. lol.

muttley

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 09:41 PM »
will the new unknown/uttershit frames comes with the same removable headtube? :LolLolLolLol:

BUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Super Heattreated Integrated Thermal bikes. Is that what the new brand that ARENT unkown are called?

JT71

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Super Heattreated Integrated Thermal bikes. Is that what the new brand that ARENT unkown are called?

:LolLolLolLol:

dialledbikes

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45 AM »
why cant they just come back as UnKnownBikeCo

Too much bad press/publicity associated with that name now.

Would many people buy a Yugo or Lada car?

JT71

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 01:00 PM »
why cant they just come back as UnKnownBikeCo

Too much bad press/publicity associated with that name now.

Would many people buy a Yugo or Lada car?

however, Skoda are pretty good nowadays.....but I'm guessing that's cos VW own them. lol.

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Yeah, if somone reputable got hold of the Unknown name then they could probably turn it around.

But Avocet, no way!

dialledbikes

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 01:57 PM »
I'm led to believe by people who are into such things that Skoda had some heritage in rally racing.

If somone reputable got hold of the Unknown name then they could possibly turn it around (not sure why they would want to do cos it was so short lived - not like bringing Powerlite or even Parkpre back from the dead).  But Avocet, no way!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  UnKnownBikeCo.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx