gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  racing in the south west?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: racing in the south west?  (Read 2018 times)

old bloke

racing in the south west?
« on: September 25, 2009, 12:58 PM »
can anyone  help?
surely there must be an os set up down here ( bristol, taunton, etc)
 i need to ride before i'm too old :laugh:

old bloke

Re: racing in the south west?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 09:35 PM »
anyone help ?
 :'(

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Try contacting Bideford club riders as there are a few of the old timers making a comeback there.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too ,uch interest in running an Old Skool class in the South West but maybe you could rally support and kick things off.  Good luck.  Humps

moley

magna13

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:19 AM »
I've also wanted to get an OS series down here in the south west, the only OS bikes i've seen race down this way were at Cheddar last weejend, might have a pop at contacting the BCF ??? ???

moley

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:27 AM »
I've also wanted to get an OS series down here in the south west, the only OS bikes i've seen race down this way were at Cheddar last weejend, might have a pop at contacting the BCF ??? ???

What do you need to talk to BCF about?

OS is a reconised class now so just talk to your region.   If you have enough OS racers to make a class then they wont mind.   Even if you only have 2 or 3 riders, they could still put you in with another class and then split the results out afterwards.

The only way to get more OS riders is for someone to start doing it.   If they dont know its available then how can the join!!  :daumenhoch:

old bloke

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 11:21 AM »
hey magna, we'll have to get our heads together, i might try contacting burnham bmx club and see if they will accomodate some old farts to get it started.

magna13

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Sure, im glad to help... problem is im only 15 i swear ::) But im heavily into the Old School BMX scene. Our region is hosting a Winter Series this year. Bristol and Bath are my locals. I could get in touch with them to see if we could hold OS class's there, like moley said get at least a full gate of 8 and we are sorted 8)

old bloke

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Sure, im glad to help... problem is im only 15 i swear ::) But im heavily into the Old School BMX scene. Our region is hosting a Winter Series this year. Bristol and Bath are my locals. I could get in touch with them to see if we could hold OS class's there, like moley said get at least a full gate of 8 and we are sorted 8)

15 !!!!   that gives you 24 years advantage over me ;D
i'll speak to Burnham also, i  know of one other guy who's interested, so if a club will accomodate us then might be worth putting a list up on here for anyone else.

magna13

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Well im seeing a few guys tomorrow. I will let you know the news :daumenhoch:

spillers#1

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 07:17 PM »
jesus is simple just rally the troops up and turn up to your regional and enter and race  :idiot2: if you have a old skool bike and wanna race do it  :daumenhoch:

Like moley said why speak to bcf? its up to the individuals to make the effort and stop fannying around and get out and enjoy yaselves  ;)

How many members on here with old skool bikes?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  racing in the south west?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx