gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New School Brake Cable
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New School Brake Cable  (Read 819 times)

jon016847

New School Brake Cable
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Why are the outer brake cables on new school bikes split, to expose the inner cable as it runs across the frame - ??

I am sure there is a reason but I cant figutre out why ??

Sanmarcopizza

Re: New School Brake Cable
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 11:41 AM »
You mean where the outer is removed on race bikes along the top tube. I have no idea myself. Maybe the V brakes work better with limited flex and by removing as much of the outer sheath and using the frame to tension part of it it makes the pull more positive.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Less resistance?

jon016847

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 11:57 AM »
You mean where the outer is removed on race bikes along the top tube. I have no idea myself. Maybe the V brakes work better with limited flex and by removing as much of the outer sheath and using the frame to tension part of it it makes the pull more positive.

Thats exactly what i mean,  its on my new bike, kind of looks wierd,  guess I just need to get used to it ?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:50 PM »
I thought this on one of my bikes, so I cut the cable outer and put it in the missing bit so it looked like a full cable.  Job done.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New School Brake Cable

gfxgfx
gfx gfx