gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 04:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Royal Mail
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Royal Mail
« on: September 24, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Still waiting for stuff, its been well over a week now. Especially need my seat to use on the bike for this charity ride this sunday  >:( >:( >:( >:( fooking does my head in the royal mail, service is shite  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20 PM »
mate i work for royal mail in bristol and weve had a few strikes over the last two months or so and are now balloting for a national strike which will be one day strikes all over the country if it goes ahead i know london has had quite a few strikes as we had some of there work in bristols sorting office which we had to try to do but only after we had done are own work which normally goes to the wire so id say theres probably alot of mail still waiting to be done anyway i hope you get your parcels soon mate but as i know the service isnt the best thats because they let people leave then think the people that are left can still do the same job its like say one person out of five leaves and they think that four people can still do the job of five which isnt that easy anyway hope you get the parcel before you need it mate  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 01:08 PM »
 :) My service is always slow too.Only brightened that my postie is a hottie & knows a fair bit about BMX-her brother is an ex-BMXer and now a well known MTBer.... :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 02:29 PM »
mate i work for royal mail in bristol and weve had a few strikes over the last two months or so and are now balloting for a national strike which will be one day strikes all over the country if it goes ahead i know london has had quite a few strikes as we had some of there work in bristols sorting office which we had to try to do but only after we had done are own work which normally goes to the wire so id say theres probably alot of mail still waiting to be done anyway i hope you get your parcels soon mate but as i know the service isnt the best thats because they let people leave then think the people that are left can still do the same job its like say one person out of five leaves and they think that four people can still do the job of five which isnt that easy anyway hope you get the parcel before you need it mate  :daumenhoch:

Scott hi mate, sorry didn't mean to offend at all  ;) royal mail only seems to get their arse in gear with special delivery's and parcelforce is good also, but standard 1st class and 1st class recorded is a joke nowadays. I just hope my bloody seat arrives soon!  >:(  :-\

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 02:32 PM »
The strikes have pretty much been put off till after Christmas.

A few major players like Amazon have talked to Royal Mail and told them to to pull there fingers out of their arses because if they don't Amazon will take their service elsewhere. RM shit themselves and have now decided to talk to the union, with the talks now going on, any future strike action has temporarily been postponed although this could fall through if Royal Mail still decide to do things their way. I doubt this'll happen though.

How do i know all this.....cause i do.  :LolLolLolLol:

Most of the mail backed up in mail centres in NOT first class mail, it is Down stream access mail which is basically junk mail.

Stuff i've ordered off here and ebay recently has got through by the next day.

Matt.... PM the seller of your bike chair and ask if they have actually sent it yet.

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Tim38

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 02:33 PM »
hope you used your vote wisely mate,im on royal mail aswell

Tim38

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 02:38 PM »

A few major players like Amazon have talked to Royal Mail and told them to to pull there fingers out of their arses because if they don't Amazon will take their service elsewhere. RM shit themselves and have now decided to talk to the union, with the talks now going on, any future strike action has temporarily been postponed although this could fall through if Royal Mail still decide to do things their way. I doubt this'll happen though.

Most of the mail backed up in mail centres in NOT first class mail, it is Down stream access mail which is basically junk mail.

Matt.... PM the seller of your bike chair and ask if they have actually sent it yet.

royal mail never stick to there word and there is live mail stuck at some offices believe me

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 02:46 PM »
They'll have to this time Tim as they will not want to lose massive contracts like the Amazon one. Other major companies are following this example and are giving RM an ultimatum. There is too much at stake this time, especially with Christmas around the corner.

Like i posted Most of the mail isn't first class, i'm sure there is a small amount somewhere though. I know for fact that our office is clear of any backed up mail. The week before last was horrendous, thankfully it's clear now thanks to the posties that sorted it.  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 02:50 PM »

royal mail never stick to there word and there is live mail stuck at some offices believe me

It's run by the guy that used to run the FA; he knows FA  :4_17_5:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

muddstud

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 02:53 PM »
This sound like  a job for the legend that is arthur scargill

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 03:04 PM »

matt have you noticed everything you do goes pear shaped

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 03:08 PM »

matt have you noticed everything you do goes pear shaped

:knuppel2: ;D

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 03:09 PM »

Andy was sent out 1st class on Monday, was an ebay purchase... he knew about the ride and that this sunday so he got it sent out sharpish.

Tim38

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 03:09 PM »
They'll have to this time Tim as they will not want to lose massive contracts like the Amazon one. Other major companies are following this example and are giving RM an ultimatum. There is too much at stake this time, especially with Christmas around the corner.

Like i posted Most of the mail isn't first class, i'm sure there is a small amount somewhere though. I know for fact that our office is clear of any backed up mail. The week before last was horrendous, thankfully it's clear now thanks to the posties that sorted it.  :daumenhoch:
and thanks to the poor blokes lugging it round the street aswell,what part of the buisness you in mate?

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 03:24 PM »

what part of the buisness you in mate?

I'm just a postie mate. A full time foot soldier.

In the last 3 months, i've been offered redundancy which i refused and i've been offered Part time hours again which i refused.

All new employees coming in to our office are Part time. Part of Royal Mails programme to modernise  :LolLolLolLol:

I hate the company but love the job  :crazy2: :crazy2:

Tim38

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 03:29 PM »

In the last 3 months, i've been offered redundancy which i refused and i've been offered Part time hours again which i refused.

All new employees coming in to our office are Part time. Part of Royal Mails programme to modernise  :LolLolLolLol:

postie too mate thought i had got into a debate with a manager :LolLolLolLol:
yeah same thing at ours they offering part time  to people,and new employees are straight on part time,i hate the company and used to love the job its changed from back in the days(been on the firm 18yrs),i dont love it so much now,used to be great afternoons to yourself(when i didnt have a bmx), nowadays im so fooked after a day carrying tons of mail,its stopping me from getting out on my bike.

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 03:48 PM »
well guys i work in the bristol mail centre on lates 2pm till 10pm so i get no chance to ride last time i rode a bike it was my marin b17 around the block which totally killed me im so unfit now just glad im not a postie like you guys as i dont think id manage carrying those bags round with me  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 04:54 PM »

Matt.... PM the seller of your bike chair

Bike chair Andy ?  ???

:LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

dannywhiteley

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Nothing against the postmen and women on here, but Royal Snail are shite.  I posted a tracksuit out 6 weeks ago to someone off ebay and it just arrived on Tuesday.  I had already started taking out a claim.

Fookin waste of time they are.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 06:35 PM »

Looks comfortable! is it nos  :LolLolLolLol:

Bike chair Andy ?  ???

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 06:39 PM »

Bike chair Andy ?  ???

is that bob acid lol

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Nothing against the postmen and women on here, but Royal Snail are shite.  I posted a tracksuit out 6 weeks ago to someone off ebay and it just arrived on Tuesday.  I had already started taking out a claim.

Fookin waste of time they are.

Cheers Dan, i got 5 weeks usage out of that tracksuit, i was gutted to pass it back on the new owner.  :LolLolLolLol:

yeah same thing at ours they offering part time  to people,and new employees are straight on part time,i hate the company and used to love the job its changed from back in the days(been on the firm 18yrs),i dont love it so much now,used to be great afternoons to yourself(when i didnt have a bmx), nowadays im so fooked after a day carrying tons of mail,its stopping me from getting out on my bike.

Nah, not a Manager Tim, we had a Union meeting a few days back and the information i know is what our Rep was telling us. I sort of listen as the future as a Full timer at Royal Mail looks bleak. Got to do the job correctly and watch my arse as it seems to me Full timers are in the firing line for losing their jobs.  We've lost 4 in the last year for what a few years back would have been minor offences.

Bike chair Andy ?  ???

Defo John, just fitted one of those to my Mongoose, i reckon you'll love it.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 08:04 PM »

Defo John, just fitted one of those to my Mongoose, i reckon you'll love it.

Nice  ;) Does it have swivel action and reclining feature ? Imagine the freestyle tricks  :LolLolLolLol:
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 12:49 PM »
Glad to say that finally my dominator has arrived  :4_17_5:

skaterpostie

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 08:54 PM »

no what you mean mate,been a postie in bristol since 2002,ive gone from gettin home at 11ish in morning,in the early days,to just making it home to pick kids up at 3.30.still love the job,just run now by people who know fook all about the job :idiot2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Royal Mail

gfxgfx
gfx gfx