gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Candy ChromeRed S&M Challenger 1" Frame and Forks for sale
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Candy ChromeRed S&M Challenger 1" Frame and Forks for sale  (Read 2303 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Candy ChromeRed S&M Challenger 1" Frame and Forks for sale
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:04 AM »
This truly is a piece of art. Or a piece of Ass. Either way you want to touch it.
I have my 1" headtube S&M Challenger frame and forks up for sale. this was a survivor, with good condition tubes etc, but tatty decals and tired chrome in places - so ... after a set of new Del decals, and also a very very   VERY cool paint job by Super Bike Dan - now look at it - stunning.
This is candy red laquer over actual chrome - an amazing job and nice and resilient,  and is a perfetc Red-Chrome look. S&M did this as a colourway in the 90s on the Challneger, on this model with the cantilever brake mounts.

This is the 21 "toptube model, and like I say has canti mounts, 1" headtube, and 22.2mm seatpost fitting, plus option for running a pitbull on the chainstays, or a caliper/pitbull up top as there is still a brake bridge brake hole. So OS legal if you really want to get this dirty.

The frame is in superb condition, there is a slight slight kink in the left dropout which happened in carriage from Dan to me , but hardly noticeable.
You also get Challenger forks with original stickers on, plus spare repro fork stickers, and I am including a NOS Shimano Deore LX 1991 set of Cantilever brakes in chrome, with chrome brake booster , and also I'll lob in an Odyssey Pozi Stop seatclamp which you will need to have a brake stop for the cantis.
Ask Alex, this is a rare model to find , and also his favourite Challenger model!

£250 posted next day delivery gets you this - and that my friends, is a bloody steal.
steve

And to go perfectly - seethru Red geniune NOs Jive tentacle grips - £7

Copy S&M pedals - fully sealed, just like them, but with ace Del decals fitted -- £12

Rare as hell Haro stem - £40

showbike fitted Odi Roughnecks - £7

Primo Rod 22.2mm copy in chrome - £11

repro [ by steve firebird on here] S&M Padset  - like the REAL originals, not the inferiror 'new' ones
£30

Selle Italia Turbo Vetta Gel 1989 date stamped NOs seat - perfect mid school race seat - £20

Araya Aero 1.75 rims, mirror polished by Custom Colour Anodising, laced with Asahi spokes to nos Suzue low flange sealed hubs - run and spin perfeclty - few small storage marks - £115

Profile Racing 180mm cranks - showbike fitted ONCE - cost well over £120 - here for just £85

Bomber Graf Designs plates -
one brown with Play numbers on - £20

one green with Play numbners and other original stickers on £20

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:31 AM by generallee »

thecaptain

Re: Candy ChromeRed S&M Challenger 1" Frame and Forks for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:25 PM »
ill take the ODI roughnecks, PM'ed

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Candy ChromeRed S&M Challenger 1" Frame and Forks for sale

gfxgfx
gfx gfx