gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 04:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  its with great sadness i announce that i will be retiring from bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: its with great sadness i announce that i will be retiring from bmx  (Read 1244 times)

eloopnai

gotta say this site got me back into bmx as well as my step son harry and im glad they did
from building a couple of old skool bikes to customising my new skool one and racing them its been fun all the way but i just havent got the time to fit it all in anymore harry as ive said before had to give up football as he had problems with his muscles in his legs and decided to give bmx a go with the backing of his doctor as we didnt want to cause any more problems but he struggled and being a kid not winning kind of knocked his confidence but fair play he still wanted to do it and enjoyed it not just the race meets but both of us rolling round braintree track when i had a bit of spare time but this year rather than progressing like the novices from last year did he didnt so time for him to throw in the towel which kinda decided it for me to knock it on the head didnt really bother me that i was nearly always last just want to put my kids first cos as a kid my parents never supported or took me to clubs or sports so i want to make sure i do for my kids my little girl loves swimming and now every sunday im switching my time to her now shes getting older and wanting to do different activities hopefully she will learn to ride her bike soon without stabilisers and maybe wana race fingers crossed so who knows i might be back in a year or so rolling around at the back again :daumenhoch:

gutted i couldnt qualify for the brits and also that i cant make it as a spectator im sure its gonna be a cracker good luck all those racing

i will still be poping on ere from time to time keeping an eye on whats happening as i still love everything bmx  :)

dialledbikes

Re: its with great sadness i announce that i will be retiring from bmx
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:21 PM »
Ian, real BMX'ers never retire, they just take time off.  I hope you and Harry enjoy your time off and look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

All the best  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Ian, real BMX'ers never retire, they just take time off.  I hope you and Harry enjoy your time off and look forward to seeing you both again in the future.

All the best  :daumenhoch:

Word
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 04:44 AM »
 ???

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 07:40 AM »
real shame Ian

good luck with whatever is next for you and Harry

:) DINGO :)

telelogic

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 09:16 AM »
you're a number one dad by the sounds of it mate!
 :4_17_5:

magna13

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 10:11 AM »
Like people have said above, take the time off then come back, the buzz for BMX will never die in anyones heart :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Like Mike said :daumenhoch:
Hope to see you soon.

KGB Matt

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 10:58 AM »
As i said on Talk.

Hope all goes well for you and hope to see you again soon.

Matt

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 12:04 PM »
really sorry to hear that Ian, i thought things were up when you didnt make Herne bay meaning you wouldnt qualify....

Totally understand and hope to see you, you rdaughter and harry trackside in a couple of years... as above you never retire just sit out for a while.....

TK The Mic

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Ian
Hope this wont be a permanent thing, just want to say thanks for your support with us at Hersden when you have managed to come down, whether it be with bike or camera.

All the best to you.

TK the MIC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  its with great sadness i announce that i will be retiring from bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx