gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  THE BRITS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: THE BRITS  (Read 6511 times)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: THE BRITS
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 03:41 PM »
didnt take to many pics as i was racing but here is a few i took..

Jai on his way to another moto win

dialled mike

spillers

blurry pic of tj over doubles before the set he crashed on -  glad he walked away with nothing more than bad hands

was great weekend of riding and somehow i managed to get 4th in final after finishing first moto in last after slipping pedal on gate.

dialledbikes

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Nice pics Matt and good to meet you properly this weekend.  I should've asked for a go on Dingo's bike.  I love a Ripper but think my 20" days are well behind me.

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 06:19 PM »
So, where's the place to be this weekend? Is there any racing?

dialledbikes

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Norwich - East Anglia Champs.

thecrooch

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 08:15 PM »
great weekend, easily the best since coming back - was excellent doing two classes but couldnt really get on with the OS due to one of the most OS unfriendly tracks ive ever ridden. big ups to those that made the OS final - made up for Spillers getting third.

brilliant times had by all - didnt even see moley he must have been hidden in his secret video lab!!!  great to catch up with all the Northerners again, sandro, haro82, kuwahero, hunterdubber etc - 4 hours drive home - think the scots are probably still on the road!!

cant wait for next year - lets hope whatever track gets the nod has facilities to match broadway house.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 08:22 PM by Crooch »

dialledbikes

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 08:40 PM »
I'm getting an OS cruiser for next year as it will make swapping between cruiser and OS 20" less of a struggle.  Didn't realise I could've ridden cruiser in OS until I saw a couple in the semis.

thecrooch

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 08:52 PM »
agree mike, the guy on the freeagent limo cruiser (sorry didnt know his name other than he was a northerner) has raced it all year.  gotta be more stable - but not much...

I actually felt that doing both classes was a help in a strange way as it kept your legs pretty warm rather than waiting 100 odd motos between.

I Built up Pauls Dialled cruiser this afternoon, looking really nice as suspected
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 08:54 PM by Crooch »

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 09:20 PM »
agree mike, the guy on the freeagent limo cruiser (sorry didnt know his name other than he was a northerner) has raced it all year.  gotta be more stable - but not much...

I actually felt that doing both classes was a help in a strange way as it kept your legs pretty warm rather than waiting 100 odd motos between.

I Built up Pauls Dialled cruiser this afternoon, looking really nice as suspected

That was Mark Huddart on the FA cruiser. Earlier on in the season he was riding a Falcon Pro cruiser. Like spaghetti on wheels. LOL

I'm with you guys on the leg thing. I spent about 4 hours stretching yesterday.

thecrooch

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 09:28 PM »

That was Mark Huddart on the FA cruiser. Earlier on in the season he was riding a Falcon Pro cruiser. Like spaghetti on wheels. LOL

I'm with you guys on the leg thing. I spent about 4 hours stretching yesterday.

so masters & OS for you next year then mate?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 11:37 AM »
hoping its closer to the north next year :daumenhoch: well done dudes :daumenhoch:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 11:49 AM »
haro82

a proud dad,,,,his daughter immogen has took the brits title

well done darlin

russ

Cheers Russ, well proud and really pleased she won the big one. She's been getting faster all year.

Just been to the hospital as my arm's been really sore after my off in the final. I've only gone and broken it.  :'(  Gutted.

thecrooch

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Healing Vibes Andy....  couldnt see your accident as we were standing on the first corner - what happened?  you didnt look too chuffed.. its gutting to make it all that way to the final only to have it taken away so quickly.  You should have rode Cruiser!

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 11:57 AM »
haro82

a proud dad,,,,his daughter immogen has took the brits title

well done darlin

russ

Your kidding dude... thats a downer mate...  :( how long will u be out of action?

Cheers Russ, well proud and really pleased she won the big one. She's been getting faster all year.

Just been to the hospital as my arm's been really sore after my off in the final. I've only gone and broken it.  :'(  Gutted.

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 12:06 PM »
Bad news Andy.

That'll be why you dropped your beer when you were talking to me!  Very rare for a Northerner is that.

Hope it heals soon.

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Be out for 6 weeks they reckon but got to go back tomorrow to see a proper doctor.

Just came out of the gate a bit sideways ,banged bars with Mark Huddard , lost my pedals I think(he's bigger that me) then hit that first roller (wouldn't really call it a roller though  :D ) and went arse over tit. Didn't half hurt. Yeh Crooch think I should have raced cruiser I'd have been down the bottom cheering my daughter on to the British title ! :4_17_5:  

I was more worried about getting home with the caravan and all the gear, that was painful :'(  

Dex, I remember that now. It takes a broken arm to drop beer :D

dialledbikes

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 12:15 PM »
That first roller is shit.  It should either be a double, or get rid of it completely and make the first double a great big one to launch off.

thecrooch

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2009, 12:28 PM »
yeah agree Mike, ive never known a roller launch you so much!!!

trouble fo rme was that you come out of the gate head down pumping your heart out and suddenly you have to pull up for the roller - was too near the start for my liking... 

presume it was that one that Claire came a cropper as well - again couldnt see from where we were standing.

but guess when you dont have a club that rides the track all year must be hard to get things changed.

hope you heal quickly Andy - what year was your daughter in?

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2009, 12:32 PM »

Cheers Si. 7 and under girls. :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Be out for 6 weeks they reckon but got to go back tomorrow to see a proper doctor.

Just came out of the gate a bit sideways ,banged bars with Mark Huddard , lost my pedals I think(he's bigger that me) then hit that first roller (wouldn't really call it a roller though  :D ) and went arse over tit. Didn't half hurt. Yeh Crooch think I should have raced cruiser I'd have been down the bottom cheering my daughter on to the British title ! :4_17_5:  

I was more worried about getting home with the caravan and all the gear, that was painful :'(  

Fookin 'ell Andy.   It didn't look good.  You went right over the bars on that speedbump (WTF).  It reminds me of that BradFord Speedbump that launched me over the handlebars before they lopped 1ft off it.  Most of the kids were launching and landing right in the middle of the gap before the next jump and everyone I talked to didn't like it.

Here's the footage :-
/>
I hope Cotty is ok!!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2009, 01:00 PM »

Fookin 'ell Andy.   It didn't look good.  You went right over the bars on that speedbump (WTF).  It reminds me of that BradFord Speedbump that launched me over the handlebars before they lopped 1ft off it.  Most of the kids were launching and landing right in the middle of the gap before the next jump and everyone I talked to didn't like it.

Here's the footage :-
/>
I hope Cotty is ok!!

Great footage Moley. The crash doesn't even look that cool , I go over it no footed , looks like I should have hurt my knackers if anything.

Now hurry up and get my daughters final uploaded ;)

moley

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 01:09 PM »
To be honest Andy..............it does look comical but extremely dangerous!!   

Sitting down on the speedbump was huge mistake!!  :D

Shame you got injured though.  How long till your racing again?  ???

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 01:26 PM »
To be honest Andy..............it does look comical but extremely dangerous!!   

Sitting down on the speedbump was huge mistake!!  :D

Shame you got injured though.  How long till your racing again?  ???

Comical, yes thats the word  :-[ ;D

Dunno got to go back to hospital tomorrow so will know more than, usually it's about 6 weeks I think.

dialledbikes

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 01:27 PM »
yeah agree Mike, ive never known a roller launch you so much!!!

trouble fo rme was that you come out of the gate head down pumping your heart out and suddenly you have to pull up for the roller - was too near the start for my liking... 

presume it was that one that Claire came a cropper as well - again couldnt see from where we were standing.

but guess when you dont have a club that rides the track all year must be hard to get things changed.

Too many things going on at the point of hitting that roller:  as you say, charging out trying to get a holeshot, coming across if you're in an outside gate, trying not to get shut down/squeezed, pulling up over the roller.  That's why Gates 3 -5 are best at Cheddar cos as long as you get out quick you can go in a straight line and worry about berm position just before the triple.

Claire wouldn't have slammed so bad if that roller wasn't there.  Julie coming across didn't help (dunno why the fastest person would pick gate 1 and then come across) but she didn't touch Claire.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Who was the other guy in old school that crashed on the doubles?

moley

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Who was the other guy in old school that crashed on the doubles?

Cotty

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  THE BRITS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx