gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 06:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Freestylers Ages
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Freestylers Ages  (Read 971 times)

martylaa

Haro Freestylers Ages
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Ok gents seen some Haro Freestylers around lately, thinking baout getting me but want a vintage model, not up to speed on these bikes, anyone tell me which age bike i should look for 82/83/84 etc and if you have any websites which i can look at, would be great.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Freestylers Ages
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:15 AM »
i'm no expert on them but here's a little history

http://www.23mag.com/com/haro/haro.htm

martylaa

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Sweet thats a start, guessing swivel is a bit of an expert on Haro's might pm him for some advice

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:19 AM »
You want a Torker made one  8)

If you want a Freestyler, there are loads about, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding one.

If you want a Gen 2 Master, there are quite a few of these about too

If you want a Gen 1 Master, these are quite hard to find & expect to pay around £600 + for one

As for the Torker Sports, these are almost never come up for sale, but you never know, just keep looking on ebay.

Late 84 production moved to Taiwan, there are lots of these about, there known as the Gen 3 Masters & Sports & quiter easy to find

Here is the info on the Torker made Haro's, its a bit out of date, but you should be able to see how many of each there is.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=16464.0

Or you can PM me if you need to know anything about one of these models  :daumenhoch:

martylaa

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Aye cheers fella, i like collecting the rare frames, so would like to snag a torker one or a gen 1 master, what is the highest serial number i should be going to then?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 10:39 AM »
If you find one, post the serial number up here & post some pic's & we can tell you what it is, but all the Torker Haro's have  T as the first letter in the serial number  8)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:16 AM »
Chris is deffo an expert, dunno about me  ;D Haro are undoubtedly my passion  :smitten: Torker ones are best to get, but if you can't get hold of one then anything late 84' onwards is fine also. I have plenty of Haro Sports from 86 onwards and a few Masters from 84 onwards, all are super cool. I'm not too bothered that my Sports are taiwanese made, but many collectors want the early stuff. The Gen 1 Master is rare and lovely too, that's the one you should try and get or a Gen 2 is fine also  :4_17_5:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 12:03 PM »
So how would you spot a gen 1 from a gen 2  :-\ :-\ :-\ ;)

martylaa

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 12:22 PM »
Ok my apologies Chris i always saw Swivel collecting Haros and thought he'd be best to ask, anyways thanks to all for the info, found a website with haro serial numbers and that tells ya the date and month it was built, very helpfull
i'll keep ya's posted as to how i get on
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=37649
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:32 PM by martylaa »

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 01:13 PM »
So how would you spot a gen 1 from a gen 2  :-\ :-\ :-\ ;)

A Gen 1 Master/Sport has the same rear as a Gen 1Freestyler apart from it has an added gusset on the chainstays near the BB, a Gen 1 Master/Sport has the coaster bracket under the Chainstay just like the Freestyler.

The Gen 2 Master/Sport has the coaster bracket on top of the Chain stay & the Chain/Seat stays are tappered tubing, Like the Taiwan model, all of the Torker Haro's do not have a Double Chevron stamped in the front Gusset & have the serial number inside the right rear dropout  :)

I can post some pic's when I'm home to make it easier  8)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 01:15 PM »
Ok my apologies Chris i always saw Swivel collecting Haros and thought he'd be best to ask, anyways thanks to all for the info,

Yes I collect them but Chris is the one to ask really... But if you do need some help though, by all means PM me.

magna13

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 04:32 PM »
My favorites which imo are the best to me are 82/83 Gen 1 Freestyler and '84 Gen 1 Master :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: yummy!

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Love em all, but the 85 Master is my fav, its the one i most remember and Arnauds one in the museum is the best looking Haro i have seen Martylala  ;)

martylaa

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 04:52 PM »
I'm liking the chrome freestylers to be honest

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 04:54 PM »
You got the Exhibitionist yet Marty ? Chrome Freestylers are cushty to, just make sure you get a good un as good and bad seem to go for the same amount of dosh for some reason

martylaa

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 05:07 PM »
yeah got the exhibitionist a while ago paul, its in a safe place, doing white and turqouise, nearly got all the bits for it just struggling to find turquoise seat and grips had 2 pairs of turquoise grips last week fall through from the states oakley o wings and ame unitrons, jjust fancy a nice haro now and that is me, been itching to buy ne more frame over the last few weeks and i'm thinking a haro freestyler is it?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Freestylers Ages

gfxgfx
gfx gfx