gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ridebmxmag
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ridebmxmag  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Ridebmxmag
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 07:00 AM »
I am stopping buying it as you can get loads of "proper" toilet paper for the money

I read Dirt mtb mag and even though its from the same publishing house its a much cooler mag

:) DINGO :)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 07:47 AM »
most of it is crap, but they have managed to get pics of topless girls in this issue  :LolLolLolLol:

WizardWeb

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 11:29 AM »
I stopped buying it well over a year ago, I guess about the time Factory got their mits on it, but to be honest it was poor before then.

However I do like the irony that the bikes look the same, the tricks are all the same, the stories are the same each month, the people in it are the same people each month, yet they go one about BMX being for individuals...  :LolLolLolLol:

muttley

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Where can you get cream from then? Is it printed in English as well?

telelogic

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 12:02 PM »
I've only been buying it for the past six months or so and still look forward to it. this is fueled by my hunger for anything bmx at the moment (only been back into it for a short time)
But I do have to agree with the previous comments about it being a bit repetitive. it doesn't seem to have a lot of joy about it! the mags from back in the day had such enthusiasm for the bikes, parts and riders of any kind, ride seems poorer for not covering racing/flatland etc. the awareness of new parts and innovations is woefully small and like someone above pointed out, all the parts they Do cover seem to get equal praise.

the letters page is worse than useless! If someone does write in with a decent question it is treated with what I can only at best describe as distain, or at it's worst hate!
this is no way to treat the people who buy your magazine/keep you in work.

The state of most of the kids bikes that you see at the parks is probably due in some part to the fact that the magazine offers no tips on maintenance or tips and tricks to make your bike more of a personal thing. (hence, one tatty piece of junk after another)

Maybe we were spoiled in the 80's with the many great magazines we had to choose from? But I don't see why it shouldn't be just as exiting now.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ridebmxmag

gfxgfx
gfx gfx