gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 06:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dia tech Hombre front brake
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dia tech Hombre front brake  (Read 841 times)

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Dia tech Hombre front brake
« on: March 09, 2006, 12:47 AM »
How/where do you anchor the outer cable for this set up? I am fookin clueless. Help. Pics would be good. Thanks, Ad  :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Dia tech Hombre front brake
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 08:21 AM »
they are a right pain in the arse.

search for the brake in google and you should get an image. i did .
I want to touch ORB

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:47 PM »
you need to make sure you have a front and not a rear as it is pretty self explanetory, so it would seem you have a rear.

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 08:59 AM »
The brake I have got is a front or rear universal one. I just can't figure out where/how it mounts the outer cable. As you know the rear works on a "centre pull" basis, outer cable which is anchored on the seat tube atached to the bridge cable. I will try to post a pic of the bits I have, that may shed some light. I am only getting pics of brake kits when I search google, none with the brake mounted. Help. Thanks peeps, Ad

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 10:43 AM »
the cable goes in on the left side (or the right side if you are looking from the front)

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 12:01 PM »
The best picture I have seen for the brake is on Danscomp.com, but unfortunately it won't let me copy the picture or link to it. That's how the brake should be set up. As Ruler says, you need to install the cable in a Potts mod style, i.e down the fork steerer tube, down the outside of the left fork (or right from front). The cable will need to be bent upwards and through the adjuster on the right side when viewed from the front or in the picture. The outer sheath ends there and the inner is taken over to the knarp which tightens the cable and sits in the circular recessin the other arm. You need to use a decent cable such as linear or at least a slic because the bend on the fork leg will make the cable tight.

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Thankyou very much guys, think I am getting it now.  :daumenhoch: Ad

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dia tech Hombre front brake

gfxgfx
gfx gfx