gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  riding high!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: riding high!  (Read 725 times)

telelogic

riding high!
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:40 PM »
Just about to go out on my BMX for the first time in 23 years :D

Vans laced up tight, wish me luck 8)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: riding high!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:51 PM »

have it !

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:05 AM »
Are you still in one peace  :LolLolLolLol:

Tim38

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:25 AM »
good luck mate i shall be doing the same this week

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:21 AM »

so how did it go ? are you in hospital ?

donkeybambam

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 07:46 AM »
where are you ??????????????

telelogic

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:36 PM »
One word guys.....Humbling

Some crazy part of me, thought that I would at least be able to pull a small bag of moves from bintd!

I took it really easy, I did have a brief go on a bmx 9 months ago, but in just seven or so seconds I managed to break my back in two places and 4 of my ribs! (a brake control wheelie never went so wrong)

so like I said I took it easy. The bike felt really small and weird at first, But slowly started to feel OK'ish. First time on a newschool so it was kinda cramped when trying to sit and pedal. (I did have a quick go on the wife's performer, witch was much more comfortable for cruising, but felt flimsy in all other respects!) I remembered that when I got my first bmx, I spent all day trying to do an endo, (And I nailed it after a fashion) So this seemed a good place to start.

I started on grass, (due to lack of proper protection) and quickly started to feel like it was gonna come. (slowly! but better than my first attempt all thoes years ago)
this was only at a local park/swings. so no ramps etc. I got my ass on the back wheel after about ten attempts. (quite happy with that) and then had a go at a front wheel 180, witch also went quite well,.(160'ish) I was surprised/un-surprised at my lack of fitness (what did I expect after 9 months of no exorcize?) but my confidence was coming back a bit after an hour or so.

On the way home I was attacking Curbs at speed and bunny hopping them easily, thats when the modern geometry started to make more sense! I just need to take my time really, take it slow, and build it up. get my full face and some kind of pressure suit (how funny will that look, just practicing wheelie's and endo's?) I'm further away from hitting Rom than I would have liked, but if living this long has taught me anything it's, take it slow, build it up, it will come eventually!

I really appreciate your interest, and will hopefully see you all on the london charity ride :daumenhoch:

Oh, one last thing.

Stodgy, you are right about them wheels! we need to talk ;)

gobshite

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:15 PM »
well done dude,

keep at it,
 :4_17_5:

how tall are you and what frame is your n/s bike?

telelogic

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 02:48 PM »
Thanks,

I'm about 5'9" and 20.5 top tube. feels fine when I'm standing up, just a little odd sitting down! (roll on the laid back pivotal posts ;))

Tim38

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 06:27 PM »
sounds just like what im going to be like later this week,i can see myself coming off the bike straight away,had a quick go on my nephews mtb earlier today on some plastic ramp the kids had set up what a sight that was.

telelogic

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 06:52 PM »
sounds just like what im going to be like later this week,i can see myself coming off the bike straight away,had a quick go on my nephews mtb earlier today on some plastic ramp the kids had set up what a sight that was.

Man, that sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Actually, I think the fact that I've been riding a mountain bike (just on cycle tracks) for fitness over the last couple of years contributed a lot to how weird the Bmx feels!

I so wish I hadn't given up all those years ago!

Tim38

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 07:46 PM »

Man, that sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Actually, I think the fact that I've been riding a mountain bike (just on cycle tracks) for fitness over the last couple of years contributed a lot to how weird the Bmx feels!

I so wish I hadn't given up all those years ago!

im worst of than you mate the only bikes i have ridden in the last 18yrs are post office bikes that mountain bike was a challenge cant wait to try the bmx.

QUADANGLE-FREESTYLE

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 09:28 AM »
At least you enjoyed your self  :) ,Thats what BMX is all about  :daumenhoch:

telelogic

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39 AM »
At least you enjoyed your self  :) ,Thats what BMX is all about  :daumenhoch:
:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 07:43 AM »
great stuff!  like OLD SCHOOL says, as long as you have a blast it doesn't matter if you pull an endo or a 360  :daumenhoch:

oh and those low slung seats on NS bikes, they're not meant for sitting on.........speak to Stodgy and get one of the Mcneil long posts  :daumenhoch:

telelogic

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:12 AM »
already got one!

I'm sure it was put at it's longest "safe" limit when the bike went together, maybe I should get a longer one?

It only feels weird cos I'm an old fat tosser!

It was so much better when I was a young skinny tosser :D

Tim38

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 01:40 PM »
already got one!

I'm sure it was put at it's longest "safe" limit when the bike went together, maybe I should get a longer one?

It only feels weird cos I'm an old fat tosser!

It was so much better when I was a young skinny tosser :D
nice looking bike,will be ordering a longer post for the 27th i think it will be needed.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  riding high!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx