gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 12:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  NEWWWWWWW Skoooool.... ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEWWWWWWW Skoooool.... ???  (Read 7956 times)

yoda

NEWWWWWWW Skoooool.... ???
« on: September 10, 2009, 08:07 AM »
I managed to get out for a mellow ride last sunday for the first time since exploding my elbow back in July and was simply bemused! Now im all for progression and am a big fan of the new school but this kid simply took it too far.... I mean I can get over the tight jeans hanging below his arse with belt cranked so tight around his thighs he has to have his seat so low in order to straddle his bike. I can deal with kids not having brakes (we were experimenting with that one around 89'-93'ish) This kid had what looked like a great set up initially but then on closer inspection he was missing a few more components.....he was minus chain, chain wheel and even missing the cassette from his rear hub....what the fk is going on here? Am I just being an old fart or what.....Fk I wish I was 15 again hahahahaha  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: NEWWWWWWW Skoooool.... ???
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:14 AM »
he'd probably just brocken it all and had no money to replace it?? 

sounds bloody wierd though hey!! 

i always ask the kids when i go to the local park why do they ride with no brakes? the answer come back like this...

Cos it's better.........
Cos my cable snapped and i can't afford a new one.......
Cos everybody does......

The majority of them can't ride for toffee!  and ride around the streets like it to

i must sound like a rtight old fart when i go into details of why it's better to have at least one good working brake   ;D

JT71

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:36 AM »
didn't someone from here complete a run in a comp with no chain? or did i just read it on here.

at the end of the day, in parks, a lot of kids never turn their cranks so why not eh?

but it ceases to be a bike doesn't it?

what I find amazing is how some kids love two brakes and pegs, some lad who was a great rider ripped up the ramp at Redditch on mine and he used both sets of pegs and both brakes, his own bike had no pegs and only a back brake. just not fashionable to have them i guess.

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:52 AM »
That might have been Greg Guillotte if you mean from years ago. Maybe the kid did it to be "indervidguw" or save weight, or only has to ride it downhill  :D
Some flatlanders take the cranks out & bolt 2 more pegs through the b/b  :idiot2:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:13 AM »
A few months ago I saw someone at Corby riding the jump line with no chain - he was going seriously high and was seriously smooth!!!

I can see the value in going chainless and / or brakeless - makes you a much better rider by having to pump and control your speed to a much higher level which increases the control you gain over your bike. From a safety perspective I'd never run without either though.

The whole jeans below the ass thing I just dont get though!!  :-\

Sean 2000

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28 AM »
The jeans below the arse thing:

From my understanding it started in the US jails as a way for the "fanooks" to advertise that they are up for a bit of "hide the sausage" with Mr Big in the showers... so the statement they are actually making is: "I am a homo, and want a dry bumming please"

Need i say anymore really?

madmike-bmx

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 10:30 AM »
i agree i dont get the whole chainless slammed seat tight jean down to your arse  and shoelace belt thing .... but as far as brakeles goses i would say its all about personal comforts ... i ride brakeless ave done for like the last 3-4 years now and for me its a lot better but its not for everyone ....

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:42 AM »
There was a really good web vid a while ago of a guy riding chainless (I cant fint it, sorry). He even had a front wheel (with spacers) as a back wheel. The clip was great, loads of rolling up rails and then back down again. It was good, untill he had to push his bike like it was a scooter! It looked crap and he couldnt go that fast. Not really "Stricker" or "Burns" style of peddling really fast at stuff.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:49 AM »
i agree i dont get the whole chainless slammed seat tight jean down to your arse  and shoelace belt thing .... but as far as brakeles goses i would say its all about personal comforts ... i ride brakeless ave done for like the last 3-4 years now and for me its a lot better but its not for everyone ....

i don't have a problem with people who are quality riders riding brakeless in parks.....but the kids i see at the local council park are worst riders than me (believe it or not) and they constantly ride into people and things.......they only seem to do it because they see top riders doing it.
plus they have to ride on the roads/street to get to the park......with no brakes! 

JT71

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:25 AM »
what I don't like with brakes is mine squeak, and when Mr Leech was trying to get me to do a little jump he could hear be bottling it everytime by scrubbing speed. lol.

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:27 AM »
what I don't like with brakes is mine squeak,

So sort them out! No need to take the things off!  :uglystupid2:   :LolLolLolLol:

JT71

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 03:47 PM »
i pissed around with em, toeing em in but still squeak like fokk.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50 PM »

They aint clear blocks are they??  ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Stick some butter on the rim  ;)

JT71

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 05:01 PM »

They aint clear blocks are they??  ???

ummmmmm....yes.....i know, fashion victim, but they do stop good. shall i go back to black?

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 05:23 PM »
Clear brake pads = NOISE
Also my sons after going round a dusty track seem to stop working until I clean the rim and pads. Gone back to Odyssey slims now. No problems.
Who was the guy the other year who did the charity ride round London with no chain or cranks?

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 05:37 PM »
The dia-compe Green pads work pretty good & don't shriek like a Parrot being raped!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline graeme

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 06:53 PM »
I saw a kid ovr the skatepark teh other day with no headset!!!

And i dont mean intergrated ;)

He must have had the bottom race on, but the top was just flapping about, forks bumping up n down, god knows how he was riding the thing!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37 PM »
I saw a kid ovr the skatepark teh other day with no headset!!!

And i dont mean intergrated ;)

He must have had the bottom race on, but the top was just flapping about, forks bumping up n down, god knows how he was riding the thing!

there was a kid at rom last year like that

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 10:31 PM »

bruce crisman done a run on the miniramp a couple of years ago in germany, didnt do it for me but the geezers feckin awesome, goes better backwards than forwards   :buck2:

oldschool rider

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:05 AM »
I run Demolition pads on chrome rims and they work great and don't squeal !

steve :daumenhoch:

madmike-bmx

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 10:22 AM »
oover the skatepark yesterday some kid was rideing tireless (rideing on both rims !TIT!) and losa as fook bars .... was funny when he went over the kicker n snapped both rims XD fat kids should have tires and tubes on with air in em :D just like evryone else

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 01:53 PM »
oover the skatepark yesterday some kid was rideing tireless (rideing on both rims !TIT!) and losa as fook bars .... was funny when he went over the kicker n snapped both rims XD fat kids should have tires and tubes on with air in em :D just like evryone else

Come again?   :crazy2:

Bushwacked

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 05:07 PM »
LOL at JT71 - I had clears on and was doing the same - went back to normal pads as didn't want everyone to know I was bottling it!!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Sean2000 - That is well funny about the US jails!! Gonna remember it.

My issue with brakeless is just the safety angle in that a kid coming towards me unable to stop is a nightmare! don't care about him but me and my mates I do care about!

madmike-bmx

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2009, 09:59 AM »

Come again?   :crazy2:
i was at the skate park and some kid had no tires (was rideing on just the rims ) he jumped the kicker n spit his rims .... was pretty funny

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  NEWWWWWWW Skoooool.... ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx