gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 02:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  one for the S&M fans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: one for the S&M fans  (Read 718 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

one for the S&M fans
« on: September 02, 2009, 09:58 PM »

F/F and post-£500.21 toptube.

Bettyswallocks

Re: one for the S&M fans
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:05 PM »

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Are they doing the sticker sets separately?  I need one of those sticker sets.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:58 PM »

I'd mail S&M and/or 4down, no harm in asking... you dont ask you dont get...  :daumenhoch:

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:00 PM »
thought the Rad Shop were getting some.£500 is a joke.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:03 PM »
thought the Rad Shop were getting some.£500 is a joke.

Click on the ebay link i put up

Steve Shindig

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:17 PM »
Wow! Super nice... mega pricey though! trying their luck I think.

gobshite

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 04:45 AM »
i love s&m's and it looks lovely but £500!! :shocked:

fook that.

scott250

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 09:34 AM »
i love s&m's and it looks lovely but £500!! :shocked:

fook that.

Eye, a true classic frame but far too much £.  If Standard were to do a retro lengthy it'll be about £1000  ;D

magna13

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 10:33 AM »
doubt if it will but, but is this gonna be OSS legal?, that price tag is shocking...

dan-dare

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 10:38 AM »
but is this gonna be OSS legal?

of course. :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 10:43 AM »
 ::)  :angel:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

magna13

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 10:46 AM »
but is this gonna be OSS legal?

of course. :daumenhoch:
Would make a nice OSS bike but agian, that price tag :shocked: :shocked:

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 10:51 AM »
They are nice but they have the price tag of a custom made frame, which is pretty much what they are (only a few were made). I was tempted for a while, but Id rather get a New School frame for that money.

I wonder if the price of this repro frame has helped push up the value of my (idential but original) mk1 Holmes frame and forks. Shame it cracked at MK09 really!

Ask Del about the stickers. His will be exactly the same. I sent Del the same artwork as I sent to S&M so they could remake the repro stickers  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Thanks Alex.  I'll get on to Del when I need the stickers.  My Holmes f&f is still in America.

I thought there was a rule in old school racing about no repros (there was in the South anyway)?  Has this rule changed?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 07:15 PM »
I struggle to think what grounds someone would have for objecting, there is no advantage that I am aware of with this and similar (the kuwi repo is an obvious comparison) 1" headtube and no lugs, then again, what difference lugs make if there is a caliper brake used is beyond me. The chaps oop north just love racing our bikes, as an example , one of the lads raced a chrome 38 special race with us at Crewe this year, why? cos he is one of ours and that's what he brought. No one objected cos its about racing and fun.

I race a Challenger (I know you have one too Mike) which some say aint oldskool, 8 out of 10 bikes in the northern O/S are 92-95 As I have said before on this debate, I raced a Kuwi Survivor (lazerlite) for ages and it was lovely..to look at but at 6'1 it was just too small, JT smooth kicks arse on his CW pistol pete ( he is a freak though   ;D )
If some one bought one of these and raced it I say good on em and it would be a pleasure to see one in the berms  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 07:26 PM »
Very nice, I'd like one...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dialledbikes

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 08:12 PM »
I struggle to think what grounds someone would have for objecting, there is no advantage that I am aware of with this and similar (the kuwi repo is an obvious comparison) 1" headtube and no lugs, then again, what difference lugs make if there is a caliper brake used is beyond me. The chaps oop north just love racing our bikes, as an example , one of the lads raced a chrome 38 special race with us at Crewe this year, why? cos he is one of ours and that's what he brought. No one objected cos its about racing and fun.

I race a Challenger (I know you have one too Mike) which some say aint oldskool, 8 out of 10 bikes in the northern O/S are 92-95 As I have said before on this debate, I raced a Kuwi Survivor (lazerlite) for ages and it was lovely..to look at but at 6'1 it was just too small, JT smooth kicks arse on his CW pistol pete ( he is a freak though   ;D )
If some one bought one of these and raced it I say good on em and it would be a pleasure to see one in the berms  :daumenhoch:

I haven't raced old school since The Brits 2007 so can't really comment for those who race it regularly (it's dead in the South anyway).  But I know the die-hard old school riders in the South made a no repro rule and I wondered if it was the same everywhere.  I can see the logic from both sides - i.e. it's still old school technology (1" and caliper) so why object? - but the geometry is a lot better than so-called "proper" old school bikes so that is the advantage.  Personally, as long as the 1" and caliper rule is respected, I think peeps should be allowed to race em, even bikes with canti studs as long as they're not using a canti brake.

I think more than anything repros go against the spirit of old school racing as it was originally all about people racing their old bikes they had or wanted as kids.  Now people seem to take it more seriously so that affects equipment choice.  But at the end of the day, if it keeps people in the riding side of old school instead of just collecting, repros are cool by me.

I take my hat off to people like JT Smooth and Glen who kick ass on their CW and Hutch (though Glen's now on a TNT).

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  one for the S&M fans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx