gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What Crank Tool do I need?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What Crank Tool do I need?  (Read 590 times)

southend_styler

What Crank Tool do I need?
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:27 AM »
As above, for a Sugino GT crankset?  ???

The reason i ask is that I've found millions of different tools (maybe an exageration lol) and don't really want to waste my money on one that won't work.  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: What Crank Tool do I need?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42 AM »
is this for taking the arms off? 

if so you need one that screws into the arm (a parks one) they work a treat  :daumenhoch:

southend_styler

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 08:49 AM »
is this for taking the arms off? 

if so you need one that screws into the arm (a parks one) they work a treat  :daumenhoch:

Sorry, should have said that.  :LolLolLolLol: Yeah it is for removing them.

I've seen the park tools ones, but the issue i have is the arms themselves don't have a thread on them.  ??? So there would be nothing to screw in to. What has happened is, i tightened the nut on to the end of the axle (which is square before the thread, if that helps anyone)  and I have obviously been too rough and pulled the crank too far on and got the bast4rd thing stuck on.  :tickedoff:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:55 AM »
the arms have threads where you screw the dust caps into them, you screw the crank puller bolt thingy into that then screw in the puller to the bolt and turn.......the arm should then release and pull off (unless it's welded itself on like my CT ones)   :tickedoff:

southend_styler

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58 AM »
the arms have threads where you screw the dust caps into them, you screw the crank puller bolt thingy into that then screw in the puller to the bolt and turn.......the arm should then release and pull off (unless it's welded itself on like my CT ones)   :tickedoff:

Cheers for the advice matey.  :daumenhoch:

I shall have a look at them when i get to work, as that's where they are.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:00 AM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  What Crank Tool do I need?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx