gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 05:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Strange day, been thinking, collecting what's the point?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Strange day, been thinking, collecting what's the point?  (Read 999 times)

STUMPYLEE

Re: Strange day, been thinking, collecting what's the point?
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Seems a lot of us are feeling the same on here at the moment than fellas. Got to admit, I've not had the chance to ride a single one of my bikes since MK, and before MK I can probably count on one hand how many times this year my bikes have been out for a spin.

I've even given all my spare bits to my bruv to try and finish his bikes, but with newly arrived kids, jobs, moving house and crap weather, we just haven't had time to touch them and they're all in a heap in my garage exactly how they came out the the Renault "big blue Tardis" at MK ("Jonnygoose" Bobafett still couldn't believe how we got all that gazeebo and contents into one van!)  :2funny:

When we've got a workshop set up again and have a few hours here ant there, I'm sure we'll finish his bikes, but then what will we do? I've built all the bikes I've wanted to (with the exception of a GT Performer) and kept the last 6 I wanted to, so I'm gonna have to wait until my daughter is old enough to go out riding BMX again by the looks of things.

Doesn't stop me looking at my Pro-Class everytime I'm in the garage mind...... :smitten:

Spen
I'm guessing you gazeebo was the one in the corner near the helipad  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: Strange day, been thinking, collecting what's the point?
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 08:56 AM »
I'm guessing you gazeebo was the one in the corner near the helipad  ;D[/quote]
Yep, that was the one. We got the whole thing plus the entire contents into my bro's Renault Espaz, but the shite we'd bought I had to put on my lap on the way home the thing was so full - drove all the way back to Sheffield with a set of Tuffs looking more dangerous every bump we hit :LolLolLolLol:

Just been re-reading this again, and JT's comment that "collecting is fun but a collection is just a bit boring" is probably true. I noticed my Haro Sport needs a fresh coat of powder, a better seatpost clamp and better bars when I was in the garage last night so it won't be long now before I start scouring the for sale pages for upgrades....... :angel:
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Strange day, been thinking, collecting what's the point?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx