gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 07:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  U brake help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: U brake help  (Read 1894 times)

modfather

U brake help
« on: September 03, 2009, 05:21 PM »
I am in a big huff at the moment, i have never worked on installing a rear U brake for my new school, i was riding brakeless but almost got into a major accident so a brake has to be installed.

I bought this xposure U brake as shown here
http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_406.001/Xposure-U-Brake.html'shop_param=cid%3D42%26aid%3D406.001%26

HEYWOOD BMX was a star in giving me his straddle and cable hanger for free so i can complete my brake set up. One problem came to a standstill i started getting grumpy i am lost and dont know what to do with the straddle cable the round bit on the end like the one you install in your brake lever well the xposure rear brake arms have nothing for the round thing to be fitted

i know how to set up everything from reading guides and videos but this round thingy and long metal bit seen at end of right straddle cable has left me puzzled ARSE!

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: U brake help
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:25 PM »

chuck it

modfather

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:27 PM »

chuck it

come on that doesnt help  ::)

gobshite

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:35 PM »
that brake lookes like it has 2 pinch bolts/knarps  at the ends of the arms, the things the cable fits into,

cut the cable barrel off and thread each end of the straddle cable into the knarps and tighten them up,
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 05:43 PM by darkersomeday »

modfather

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:48 PM »
that brake lookes like it has 2 pinch bolts/knarps  at the ends of the arms, the things the cable fits into,

cut the cable barrel off and thread each end of the straddle cable into the knarps and tighten them up,

will that be okay to do so cut the cable barrel off and just have the cable through the knarps and tighten? is that safe

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 06:05 PM »
using knarps instead of the barrell will be fine, this is how i run my brake, it saves having to buy a new straddle cable as u can use old cut offs of inner cables

modfather

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Got it all sorted now, brake is very good very powerful when i pull lever it just skids sweet  :coolsmiley: but downside IT FECKING SQUEALS no joke someone is gonna think someone is being harassed outside  :shocked:

gobshite

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 09:53 PM »

modfather

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 09:55 PM »
when you say why my brake squeals and point me out then i can give you all a good queer snog and thanks

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:12 PM »
  Grease the rims or try some clear brake pads?

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Try toe-in the pads in. If your using clear pads, I think most of them are noisy. Also did you grease the brake post as the caliper can vibrate and be noisy too.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  U brake help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx