gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 01:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  i need pics of james shepherd,because i have his old black 94 condor.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: i need pics of james shepherd,because i have his old black 94 condor.....  (Read 1463 times)

condor96

well long story short is i got this frame a few months back. low serial C40008,black paint. some grind marks on the left side (the same side sheps grinds) and the bottom of the chainstay bridge has a j.s. scratched into the paint (looks like it was done along time ago). i got kinda curious and asked paul murray about it and he told me that the first ones were given away to people in matts group. pauls 94 is 0005. (and i know for the most part who got which ones and colors)
fast foward a bit,
i was already a bit suspitious that it was sheps bike and a friend of mine over here (jaybrand on the museum and vintage) is helping with the homeless dvd release party and bringing his homeless bikes to display.
the other day i asked jay if sheps is gonna be there and to ask him a question, did matt flow him a black 94 condor? (since he just stopped with homeless at the time and matt and james are good friends)
jay didnt waste any time with his help on this and called up Lee Sultemier's house and sheps happened to be there and jay got to talk with him about it. james said he did ride a 94 condor he got from Matt, he gave him 2 of them, a chrome one (a s.e. 93) and a black 94. He has no idea what ever happened to them but he said his was one of the first ones that year. He couldnt remember scratching his initials on the bottom of the bike but Coco (Parricks newly ex wife) used to label the bikes back then so she could tell which ones needed to be loaded up in the vans. Sometimes there would be 2 or 3 groups of guys doing shows in diffrent areas and she used to help Tina (Trend & now Empire) load up the vehicles and make sure all the stuff went to the right place. he said if the serial is below 10 then its his old one.  :shocked:  :shocked:  :shocked:
ill get some more info on it as time goes on,i just found out about its history  :)  :coolsmiley:

im super stoked i have the legendary james shepherds bike that was flowed to him from matt!  :smitten:

even tho ive had this pic up before, here it is. its the frame on the floor  :daumenhoch:

now i need to find some pics of him on it. i have a 2 pics where it seems like he is on it but the angles its hard to see.

and this one with him on the chrome one. and it seems like those are the o.g. forks for my frame  :P

;)

condor96

anybody......... :( ??? :-\

woody allen bars

Great story dude, and it's cool that you've got his actual frame. I didn't know that JS went to Hoffman after Homeless. I've got a few pics of him on series one Macks but nothing of him on a Hoffman.

Trust Jay to get the lowdown, the man's a Homeless freak  8)

~ Craig

condor96

yeah im super stoked its sheps frame  :)   i wouldnt say sheps went to hoffman after homeless,he was never officially on the hoffman team. he left homeless about the same time that matt was starting to make frames in house. matt and sheps are pretty good friends so matt just flowed him 2 condors so he would have something to ride. at the time it didnt seem like he didnt want anything to do with homeless and didnt want to be homeless mounted.
but im gonna put at least one homeless decal on it  :daumenhoch:

oh yeah jay certaintly helped with the info/history on this one. within 5 minutes of running the theory by jay he was on the phone with sheps gettin the lowdown  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  i need pics of james shepherd,because i have his old black 94 condor.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx