gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 01:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Dirtbike finally finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dirtbike finally finished  (Read 1326 times)

fouronethreeoh!

Dirtbike finally finished
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:10 AM »
Ive finally sorted the last bits and pieces for my dirtbike and go it built. Turned out to be quite a tough build with a few issues to sort out

One problem was getting the phat chain to clear the seat stays. The front Gack sprocket is tucked in as far as it will go, minimal clearance on the bearing to chainring bolt. I also machined 1mm off the hub so that the freewheel was slightly more inboard and had to space the frame out by adding a couple of washers between it and the hub. And the chain still only just clears.

I tried to pick up a few slightly different parts and these Fabweld bars were one of them. Nice design and pretty rare too.
The GT mallet stem ive had kicking about since 1985, it had two knackered threads which i fixed for this bike.
A few other nice bits was the Phat jack rear hub laced to HP48 rim, Hoffman Gack front hub on a Sun rhino lite rim and topped off with some Standard pegs.

Dont think its all quite era correct as it spans a few mid school generations but im chuffed with it. The general feel of the bike was based around this pic from 92 ride mag of a Homeless mack

SaMAlex

Re: Dirtbike finally finished
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Nice bike. Love the chainring.

That photo is at the old Swindon Bowls, on the same site as the old BMX track (and next to the cycle speedway track).

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Also the centre hole in the sprocket had been filed out to fit a 22mm spindle (very badly), so i machined it round and on centre then bushed it to suit a 19mm profile spindle.

thecaptain

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:01 PM »
yes! i miss the days of fat motorbike chains! brings me back

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:27 PM »
Good Job, like it alot  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

gobshite

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 08:13 PM »
thats a shiney assed fooking dirtbike right there.

check out the gack chainring, nice, could it be any MORE industrial,

girthy hubs too,

bling shab-ling!

dick all twitching and shit.

woody allen bars

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 09:00 PM »
Nice work bud, that's a very clean build  8) You've got some choice bits on board, real class.

Strange that you used that Homeless pic as on first impression it really reminded me of a Mack... no bad thing either!

~ Craig

condor96

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:30 AM »
loving it,very nice  :daumenhoch: all very nice parts on it. love the gack sprocket,peregrine tires,pegs and the jinx decal  :smitten: dont see alot of jinx stuff nowadays.

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Cheers all, i really like Gack stuff, shame its not about anymore  :'(
Heres a link to the old website http://www.gackbmx.com/ proper heavy duty gear

condor96

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 08:52 PM »
my favorite little gack pic. looks like he is freaking out  :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Dirtbike finally finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx