gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 06:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Group 1 Pro Series or not ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Group 1 Pro Series or not ?  (Read 1787 times)

synergy1968

Haro Group 1 Pro Series or not ?
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:32 AM »

Bought this was told its a very hard to find Haro Group1 Pro Series. It has a stamp on the underside Made In Mexico.
Would you saye this is the real deal ? Would be good to find out some history about this bike. Cheers ;) it looks the part i have to saye ,bought from leeds of ebay ,,,,,,

moley

Re: Haro Group 1 Pro Series or not ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 01:06 AM »
Get closer pics of the dropouts, headtube, gussets and the rest of the tubing and joins and any stamps on the bike!!

It will all help the identification!!

There are plenty of Haro fanatics on here that should be able to tell you whether its genuine or not!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Really nice that mate! Does it bike have any chevrons on it? Should have one on the gusset and also one on the forks if I remember rightly. Also what is the serial number? And where is that stamped? Bottom bracker or rear dropout? Most Haro's were stamped on the rear dropout but some were done on the BB on later models.

Matt  ;)

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:26 AM »
It does look like one. You can get a bit of info about these off the bmx museum. Read the posts of the 2 or 3 that are in there for info. Out interest what size is the tt ?

synergy1968

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Get closer pics of the dropouts, headtube, gussets and the rest of the tubing and joins and any stamps on the bike!!

It will all help the identification!!

There are plenty of Haro fanatics on here that should be able to tell you whether its genuine or not!!  :daumenhoch:

Will do , will have loads of pics up asap  :daumenhoch:

synergy1968

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Really nice that mate! Does it bike have any chevrons on it? Should have one on the gusset and also one on the forks if I remember rightly. Also what is the serial number? And where is that stamped? Bottom bracker or rear dropout? Most Haro's were stamped on the rear dropout but some were done on the BB on later models.

Matt  ;)

Cheers bud . will take some more pics later and post um up.. :daumenhoch:

synergy1968

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 06:25 PM »

Bought this was told its a very hard to find Haro Group1 Pro Series. It has a stamp on the underside Made In Mexico.
Would you saye this is the real deal ? Would be good to find out some history about this bike. Cheers ;) it looks the part i have to saye ,bought from leeds of ebay ,,,,,,

51.jpg[/IMG]

The bike has a number on the rear frame by wheel 000978

WizardWeb

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Weren't a lot of the Pro-series frames made by Kastan, who I think had a factory in Mexico? You know, Linn Kastan of Redline fame.

Bob Haro also designed some frames for Kastan that had single leg forks, if memory serves.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 02:12 PM »
whats the tt length of that? looks short for a pro series, but its deffo legit and as labelled, nice bike :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:23 PM »
 :) Tasty bike :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 02:30 PM »
yep looks spot on nice ride there.whats the tt length though does look like 20 incher or less i though they were all 20.5 or like mine 22 .def not 22 incher for sure

synergy1968

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 11:05 PM »
yep looks spot on nice ride there.whats the tt length though does look like 20 incher or less i though they were all 20.5 or like mine 22 .def not 22 incher for sure

Will do the tt asap ,,,, o i love a good find on ebay .... Thought it would go for big ££££ but paid very little for it?  :smitten: 8)

moley

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 12:14 AM »
I think Gashead was floggin one when I bout that GT Cruiser off him!!

Measure the TT from Centre of Headtube to Centre of Seat tube!!  :daumenhoch:

I reckon it will be 20.25" to 20.50"  ???

synergy1968

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 12:35 AM »
I think Gashead was floggin one when I bout that GT Cruiser off him!!

Measure the TT from Centre of Headtube to Centre of Seat tube!!  :daumenhoch:

I reckon it will be 20.25" to 20.50"  ???
Wiil do :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 12:39 AM »
I found the Gashead's For Sale thread but the Pictures have been removed.

But I think it was the same Haro frame as yours.   Gashead measured it to be 20.5" TT

synergy1968

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 12:53 AM »
I found the Gashead's For Sale thread but the Pictures have been removed.

But I think it was the same Haro frame as yours.   Gashead measured it to be 20.5" TT

What did it go for bud?

moley

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 08:55 AM »
I haven't a clue!!

It was up for a while so probably someone offered a price and he accepted.

I think his was NOS though, so that ups the price!!

I wouldn't worry about the cost side of things.

I pay whatever I'm willing to pay for whatever item is available at the time.

Most times I pay over the odds because I'm impatient and not willing to wait until a better deal comes along.   I'm not in it to buy cheap and then sell it back higher.   If I like the look of something and I THINK I need it then I'll just buy it!! 

I'm hoarding my gear until I'm sure it will never be used and then I'll get rid!!

One day a thread will appear in the For Sale for 100's of Components and a few hundred magazines!!   I'm not looking forward to those logistics!!

So dont worry about what anyone else paid.  If your happy with your purchase then thats the important thing. 

Only thing now is to get it raced!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 09:05 AM »
I haven't a clue!!

heres me thinking that your one hell of a detective  :LolLolLolLol:

moley

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I haven't a clue!!

heres me thinking that your one hell of a detective  :LolLolLolLol:

I just use google!!

And the words Gashead, Haro and Pro Series produced too many hits.................so I couldn't be arsed!!

You could always ask Gashead!!!  :D

synergy1968

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 10:18 AM »

tt is 20  bud . just tarting it will post some pics soon.

leimeg21

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 10:23 PM »

Matt  ;)

Cheers bud . will take some more pics later and post um up.. :daumenhoch:

Hi mate some history on your bike, I built this bike about 3-4 years ago , I sold it to a woman on ebay and she sold it almost straight after buying it.I bought everything from ebay.it was one of the first builds i had done after 20 odd years of riding BMX.I ground the lugs of the pedals to look like real dx's and bought all the goodies like the sr semi fluted seat post and the takagi crank.Wondered if you still had it cos I never actually rode it that far but i remember it being nice to ride.
I should have some pics of it in my back yard if you want to see them or just as proof!!!!
Graham

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Haro Group 1 Pro Series or not ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx