gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  about to get back into it at 38
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: about to get back into it at 38  (Read 1083 times)

Tim38

about to get back into it at 38
« on: August 28, 2009, 06:33 PM »
things have changed since i last rode am looking at buying bike to get myself back in gently,was lloking to buy a complete bike for about £300-£400 ,and prob like back in days replace everything after a while, i havent got a clue what to look for in a bike these days so any help would be appreciated,am mainly looking for a bike to ride on streets and maybe parks,also seeing all the old bikes on the forum has got me wanting to build an old school bike ,where do you find all the parts for the bikes.

Bushwacked

Re: about to get back into it at 38
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Nice one  :daumenhoch:

Enjoy it!

What are you looking to do, park, street, racing?

Bike-wise - have a look around at some completes to get an idea of what is what and see what you can get. Stodgy from Radbmxshop is worth chatting to as I'm sure he will be able to help you out!

Where are you in the country? You never know there may be a few radsters to hook up with.

gobshite

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:41 PM »
old school bikes for looking at....
new school bikes for riding :daumenhoch:

if you're tall look for something with a long toptube,
check out fit,subrosa,kink for a complete,
or research the right frame if you want to build a custom,

make sure you stretch a bit before you ride and dont go thinking you'll bounce like you used to when you come off ;)

good luck with it :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:49 PM by darkersomeday »

Tim38

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:47 PM »
cheers for the response lads,got to get myself on 2 wheels and get schooled on it again,then try and build the old one,yeah i hear you on the money i can see myself spending silly amounts,back then it was paper rounds and parents funding me. looking for at first just messing bout on street and maybe the park,i cant see myself doing crazy tricks just yet ,will brush up on the older tricks first,this is going to be like learning to walk again i can see injuries ahead lol.

telelogic

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 06:54 PM »
Like the man said, give Stodgy a call at the rad shop! he has all the best deals and the patience to deal with an old newbe ;)

get yourself some protection (not that kind) and Have fun with the riding :daumenhoch:

Tim38

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:24 PM »
got a youngster at work thats just got into it ,we was talking told him i used to be into it had a mongoose,skyways coaster renthal bars and various other stuff,he was telling me get a bike get into it again,im in tun wells in kent they got a park 5 min from me,its just been redone not being a rider havent got a clue if its any good,just been down there with me dog seen a few youngsters on it ,cant go down there and make a knob of myself got to go down there late at night on my own.and i will be sure to get the protection.

scary_leary

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Build an old skool ride before the cold and dark nights set in..
Then cruise the local pubs.. you'll be turning pussy away  8)

keep it OS

donnydresser

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:25 AM »
x2  get a cruiser for the pub run

Tim38

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:06 PM »
have been looking at bikes found this one,im a fussy git i want a black bike so i can work from that and mix and match colours, and this looked ok,this any good,would be looking at changing the wheels for a dif colour straight away,whats the score with no front brakes i got to have one of those,and the gyro those sort of things where just coming out as i gave up so i wouldnt mind trying it out.it easy to look after looks complicated,
http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_443.001/WeThePeople---Justice-2010.html'shop_param=cid%3D39%26aid%3D443.001%26

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 10:12 PM »
 :) You can`t really go wrong with WeThePeople.You can fit a gyro if you want/need to.Bear in mind your height when buying a frame/bike as you don`t want something that doesn`t fit.

Tim38

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 10:14 PM »
:) You can`t really go wrong with WeThePeople.You can fit a gyro if you want/need to.Bear in mind your height when buying a frame/bike as you don`t want something that doesn`t fit.
im 5'10 what do i need to look for

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 10:24 PM »
 :) Maybe 20.75/21? I`m supertall at 5"4 & ride 20.5 frames :LolLolLolLol:

Sure some of the good peeps here can advise :daumenhoch:

Tim38

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 10:44 PM »
if i buy that bike and get all the extra bits i want new rims gyro front brake  etc,rad bmx can set that all up for me ?,i wouldnt know where to start with trying to put it all together

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 10:55 PM »
 :) Stodgy at the Rad shop is a top bloke & will no doubt help you out.Otherwise ask on here,tech & resto section can be a goldmine.BMX is still BMX and doesn`t take that much working out how new school bits & bobs fit/work etc.

Tim38

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 11:40 PM »
thanks,bloody hell it seems even more aggro than the sport im giving up and selling all my stuff to get back into riding,been playing sup air paintball for a few years ,if i can strip and maintain those guns im ready for anything,jt are big in the paintball scene,the only pants i wear are there's.if any of you want some paintball gear give me a shout can do you a full set up to get you started with a good gun and im flogging it cheap as.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 11:44 PM by Tim38 »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 12:04 AM »
 :) The aggro `ll be worth it! Don`t forget some pads/gloves and a lid of some sort,38 yr olds don`t bounce so well :daumenhoch:

Tim38

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 12:08 AM »
:) The aggro `ll be worth it! Don`t forget some pads/gloves and a lid of some sort,38 yr olds don`t bounce so well :daumenhoch:
defintley mate protection is a must

Tim38

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 12:02 PM »
another bike i have looked at is the eastern bikes night prowler,it any good and do rad stock them,i want a black bike with no fancy colours on

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05 PM »
 Don` know if RADSHOP does Eastern,but it is small at 20.25 toptube and only 1 tube cromoly frame.

Tim38

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 10:11 PM »
looked at the Subrosa bikes and am thinking this could be the one(the black one) dont mind paying extra to get black rims white seat grips and gyro,will prob get front brake aswell
http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/shop/article_458.001/Subrosa-Letum-Street-2010.html'shop_param=cid%3D39%26aid%3D458.001%26

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 11:35 PM »
 :) Nice,still reckon you`ll be better off with a 21" toptube though?

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Give Stodgy a ring at the rad shop, use the mobile number as I think he`s working from home some of the time, and he`ll be able to sort a good deal I`m sure  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Tim38

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20 AM »
Give Stodgy a ring at the rad shop, use the mobile number as I think he`s working from home some of the time, and he`ll be able to sort a good deal I`m sure  :daumenhoch:
will ring store this week,sorry for all questions but its changed big time since i rode a bike,cant wait to get back on one thanks for all help

synergy1968

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 12:42 AM »
will ring store this week,sorry for all questions but its changed big time since i rode a bike,cant wait to get back on one thanks for all help

38 lol thats not old bud  , come on if i can get back into at 40 and do stupid silly things like this

You will love it just do it.

Tim38

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 12:48 AM »

38 lol thats not old bud  , come on if i can get back into at 40 and do stupid silly things like this

You will love it just do it.

nice pic
give me a few weekes of getting my feet back on the pedals then i shall be getting back into tricks

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  about to get back into it at 38

gfxgfx
gfx gfx