gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Decals and scans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Decals and scans  (Read 1447 times)

gmac

Decals and scans
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:07 PM »
There must be somewhere we can get good quality decals made up.

There are always posts in here for repro sets wanted, and names of places to get 'em made up. Loads of members have scans of decal sets, yet no-one seems to know where to buy 'em ready to apply. With all the resources on RAD, surely we must be able to come up with a solution, and find a way of getting hold of the ones we need ?

I have spent the last 3 weeks or so trying to get a firm I use for sign writing to sort me some out, but as yet still haven't got anything to show for my efforts.

I'm happy to pay the initial costs of getting things off the ground, as long as they're not ridiculous, and I can recoup my expenses afterwards. I don't wanna make a profit at all, I just want to be able to finish restoring my o/s rides when I want, without having to wait 6 months to pay £50 for a Cali decal set, that looks like a child drew it for a Blue Peter competition. (Just exaggerating a bit there, I haven't actually done that  ;D)

If we can sort out some of the more popular sets we could maybe even offer them for sale, with profits going to the site. Obviously with the relevent permissions, of course. Otherwise we can just keep them amongst ourselves.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers

Guy
  :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Decals and scans
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:13 PM »
very tricky subject that is, though i know what you mean,

how would you go about getting the relevant permissions?
I want to touch ORB

toooldforthis

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:31 PM »
I hereby give permission  :daumenhoch:

As for 'them' finding out, isn't that why the good lord invented the private messaging service?

:LolLolLolLol:

gmac

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:54 PM »
As for 'them' finding out, isn't that why the good lord invented the private messaging service?

:daumenhoch:

wolfybmx

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 02:46 PM »
i can do anything in rub on style no problem providing i have a sample to copy.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 02:56 PM »
thats handy to know.

how many colours?
I want to touch ORB

toooldforthis

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Can you do a JT Racing one?

Them rub ons were the nuts!!

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 04:52 PM »
Its a tough one as the licence issue means that if its still a valid Copyright you will get done

however to do a repro right you need to screen them , as thats what they were done like BITD , screening costs money as the set up is quite intensive
to give you an idea i had some cromo burner decals screened , and the screening cost around 130 quid for about 20 sets , these where on chrome and printed in one colour , extra sets would be cheaper as the cost is in the setting up.

Rich :)

toooldforthis

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Its a tough one as the licence issue means that if its still a valid Copyright you will get done

however to do a repro right you need to screen them , as thats what they were done like BITD , screening costs money as the set up is quite intensive
to give you an idea i had some cromo burner decals screened , and the screening cost around 130 quid for about 20 sets , these where on chrome and printed in one colour , extra sets would be cheaper as the cost is in the setting up.

So the decals were worth more than the bike then?

tr8theshape

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 05:08 PM »
How much more for multiple colours?  Is two colours twice as much?

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 07:27 PM »

Love this bike and its rarer than aero pros by a long way , its a tange frame exactly the same as a kuwy nova
If you can find them for 130 then i will take 2

no 2 colours will not be twice as much , its the set up that costs , running more prints is not much more so 100 sets would have been £160. 200 would have been £200

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 07:33 PM »
i got a set for a cali /supergoose off pk radman for £25 and they where spot on  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

toooldforthis

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 08:03 PM »

Love this bike and its rarer than aero pros by a long way , its a tange frame exactly the same as a kuwy nova
If you can find them for 130 then i will take 2

no 2 colours will not be twice as much , its the set up that costs , running more prints is not much more so 100 sets would have been £160. 200 would have been £200

Got to say that's a tasty looking bike there, what wheels are on it?

:)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Tange full cromo frame and forks ( Nova ) stickered as cromo burner , released in 82/3 and sold in very small numbers
araya 7x with black suzue hubs
mitsibushi comp 3s
sugino 1 piece , spider and chain ring
Dia compe MX1000s , some came with 890s , but mine came with MX1000S AND TECH IIIs
kashimax aero
SR stem
tange v bars and Tange grips
chromed SR strongarm alloy seat post ( fkin mental hard to find )
sutour seat clamp

This is the stock parts list for this bike , And I had one as a kid , so love this resto , more so than all the others

Rich

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2006, 08:46 PM »
don't want to piss on your chips rich, but a full chro-mo nova? they had a high-ten rear triangle.  :'(

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 08:49 PM by townshend bmx© »
ding dong

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 09:09 PM »
same jig , same geo but full cromo rear end

Rich

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Decals and scans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx