gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 04:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  build time scale
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: build time scale  (Read 1157 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
build time scale
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:26 PM »
how quick or long does everyone take to turn a build around??always wondered this,some seem to build a bike a month which leaves me scratching my head,i mean ive got the dosh to do it but a little voice inside me(might be my conscience!) says sloooooooow down!!!the quickest ive done from complete scratch sourcing every part  was 4 months and a total of £1300.so come on whats your time scale??? :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

moanjam

Re: build time scale
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:29 PM »
depends i've only done a couple me first a motomag took a few weeks then me second a skyway took 4 months main hold up tryin to get the right bars  ;)

STUMPYLEE

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:34 PM »
I brought a nos frame & forks a while back & i've given myself 1year (till the next MK) to get all the parts, I'm in no rush & its going to be a beauty when it's finished. I don't think it matters all that much how long it takes as long as your happy with the finshed product

moanjam

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:38 PM »
then you have n2cus, everytime you go to his place he has at least 2 different projects on the go  :crazy2:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:41 PM »
then you have n2cus, everytime you go to his place he has at least 2 different projects on the go  :crazy2:

every half hour Neil bangs em out dont he  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 07:50 PM »
About 3 years for my longest one  ::)

moanjam

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57 PM »

every half hour Neil bangs em out dont he  :LolLolLolLol:
yes he also builds bikes in that time too :D

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 08:04 PM »
i was thinking of him when i started this thread!!but not in a gay way!!!legend!
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 08:06 PM »
About 6-12 Months normally for me then another 2 years tinkering with them :idiot2:

bodamus :)

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 08:08 PM »
I bought a ripper frame/forks down at MK, its still in the box it came home in and ive bought nothing for it yet...  :-[

Took it out of the box a couple of times to av a look at...  :)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 08:16 PM »
the problem is every time i  say this ones gonna be a long term project i get bored of scratching my butt!im just coming to the end of my goose 2 build,just waiting for the chromers to say theyve done,i started it in june and it was gonna be my long termer but 3 months later its almost there!!!its frustrating coming on here and seeing so many great bikes,it makes you wanna finish yours too :crazy2:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 08:21 PM »
I bought a ripper frame/forks down at MK, its still in the box it came home in and ive bought nothing for it yet...  :-[

Took it out of the box a couple of times to av a look at...  :)

Bloody hell Mark , I got my Gen 1 back and built it in 2 weeks before I went on holiday  :D ( all new bits to source , credit card took a right bashing )

thing is my ripper I first built a year ago , I'm still tweaking the odd part ( fine tuning ) so not still

and don't ask about my Leary Turbo it's been a while  so far  with things going wrong and probably wont be done till  late October at least probably end of the year

Some builds are a hell of a lot easier/harder than others ,,,, replica builds tend to take the longest because of sourcing exact spec components  :-\

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Couple of these Haro's have taken about 2 years to get the parts together and still not done, still hunting. All will be done I hope within 3 to 4 weeks time. Fooking knows what they have cost, I dread to think, just looking forward to showing them all at MK10  :4_17_5:

Forgot to say, i'm building 5 at the moment so cost has gone dolally  :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:01 PM by Swivel »

trasher

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 10:48 PM »
think my quickest was my redline ,,about 3-4 weeks from receiving the frame ,to sourcing the parts ,,,,longest was my curtis ,,that was down to the chromers taking six months  :knuppel2:

got three on the go at the moment ,,,my diamond back should have been sent to dan 3 weeks ago ,but the wrong courier company picked it up ,,,some twat from a catolouge company picked it up ,and i think its now in leeds ,in fuming  :tickedoff:

tis a long story  :-\

reckon in the last month i'v spent about £1300 ,,,,,dont tell the missus  ::)

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49 PM »
i buy all the parts over a few months and dont assemble until i have every part

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59 PM »
It took me from MK08 to MK09 to completely rebuild my Decoster, it is fooking difficult trying to find pre-1978 parts for a bike.

magna13

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 11:02 PM »
tis a thing of beauty though Sean. lets have a pic :smitten:

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 11:16 PM »
I got a mongoose grand prix in april this year because a couple of mates started building bikes (moanjam and jackie brown) we used to have bmxs back in the day. Then the next thing fook me Ive done a mongoose cali a gt nora cup and nearly finished a tange hot heart kuw replica and Ive also got irons in the fire so no time scale realy :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39 PM »
Mattdubb has nearly finished a build he started in 1986  ;D

I take years, think my Scorpion took 3 years and I've never put my Haro Master together but only finished get parts for that earlier this year and have been collecting parts since 2004  ;D

Better to crash and burn than fade away

mark 2

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Anything from a day to a few years. Been collecting for 5- 6 years so most of the time I tend to build bikes that are usually half way there already using parts that are lying around and then just a few bits to get to fill the gaps or suit colour schemes.

telelogic

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 07:13 PM »
I set myself a price for each part of the bike based on what seems reasonable minus 10%.

then I have to wait till they show up at that price :yahoo_silent:

I sometimes cave a little bit. late on, when I realize that it's just not going to happen ;)

two days after I cave, the part shows up for half of what I just paid for it :D

and I won't put it together till' I got all the bits! that way I get to have the crushing disappointment of finding something doesn't fit :idiot2:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 12:45 PM »
i like a bargain, non of my builds have  cost me over £275 to build (this includes all my previous haro sports with alloy tuffs n flights), and my midschool riders considering the all have quality 3 peice cranks decent wheels n parts (though not everybodies cup of tea) i personally find biding ya time really pays off, 3 years for my GHP is prob the longest, the rest anything from 6 mths up over depending what parts i already had in my stash, i have my final build to do here (a supercross) awhich i have all the parts for but requires wheels building and powdering, coz im a lazy fook and hate building, i've had it for over a year n may get it built for next summers os series, or not ::), no rush  :D

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 01:38 PM »
Dazman , I agree ,you are a PROPER lazy feck   ;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 03:53 PM »

unbelievably lazy, i get all the bits out, pick up a spanner, stare at it, then stare at the bike n think, "fook it, i'll do it later" n put it all away again :D its coz i build em to ride and fookin on gettin the chain line right and chain tension etc, does me fookin napper right in :2gunsfiring_v1:

moanjam

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 05:51 PM »

unbelievably lazy, i get all the bits out, pick up a spanner, stare at it, then stare at the bike n think, "fook it, i'll do it later" n put it all away again :D its coz i build em to ride and fookin on gettin the chain line right and chain tension etc, does me fookin napper right in :2gunsfiring_v1:
daz i think its them big white thing you smoke dude, after that one you left me and neil the last thing i was doin was buildin bikes like :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  build time scale

gfxgfx
gfx gfx