gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Any paint code successes on JMC red?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Any paint code successes on JMC red?  (Read 712 times)

mark 2

Any paint code successes on JMC red?
« on: August 25, 2009, 10:09 PM »
Even Jim Melton said he doesn't know a paint code, just used to ask for candy red. It's for a Shadow, anyone know if it was it a different shade in that early ad with 3 frames lined up , one red, one white and one blue than what you see on DY's?  Looks different to me, now if only I could find the ad.... :(

So any successes with a paint code out there. SBD step up to the plate :daumenhoch:

Thanks

matt

Re: Any paint code successes on JMC red?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:39 PM »
get yourself a candy color catalauge, and you will find the apple colours, any good paint supplier will have one, jim sent me a button that matched the colour a few years ago and i found it in said catalauge

mark 2

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:46 PM »
Thanks Matt, I've got a swatch from powder suppliers called omega and nothing candy in there. It's covers RAL and the BS stuff. My powder people didn't stock anything candy either, could do with buying just a kilo from somewhere

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Thanks Matt, I've got a swatch from powder suppliers called omega and nothing candy in there. It's covers RAL and the BS stuff. My powder people didn't stock anything candy either, could do with buying just a kilo from somewhere

hey mark, omega is co owned by fullers that i deal with, your right mate they dont

do candys, try pcs powder coatings, they sell 1 kilo bags and have a wide range of

colours but it's mostly in the ral colour range not the bs :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

mark 2

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Thank you Dan, I knew you'd offer some good advice, appreciated :daumenhoch:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 09:08 AM »
I used to have the paint code for that a long time ago.

I think it was something like: 1979 Chrysler Candy Red

I had the paint shop just down the road from work make it up for me

It was a 2 pack paint - bright pink undercoat with a dark red 'ink like' lacquer.

Here's what it looked like:

matt

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 06:55 PM »
you wont find candy powder as it is the name of the company that supply wet paint,  im sure you can get a very close match in powder that will be more durable.
this hutch was painted in candy apple red

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Any paint code successes on JMC red?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx