gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ral colour on et bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ral colour on et bike  (Read 2293 times)

etriedes

Ral colour on et bike
« on: August 25, 2009, 09:43 PM »
Anyone know ??  :coolsmiley:

Cheers
Si

neiljonarcus

Re: Ral colour on et bike
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 04:52 PM »
simon i dont think its a ral as its a metalic paint finish i think 

come guys some one must know there has been loads of  "et",s done

daz bmx it!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:57 PM »
I would also like a Red colour match rattle can that I can buy off the shelf which would be suitable for an ET paint job :daumenhoch: any idea Neil? or anybody? thx ;)

neiljonarcus

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 05:49 PM »
i can put any colour in a rattle can              "nearly"

daz bmx it!

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:26 PM »
pm'd :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 06:40 PM »
I used Fiat Barocco red , but if I'm honest I thought it came out a shade too dark , maybe the peugeot diablo red may have been a better It's hard to say  ,

trial and error eh ?

Glnnyboy on here has one of the best ET's on here that I've seen
and I've looked at quite a few since having  started 3 ET projects over the years

here's one o' mine I painted

neiljonarcus

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:46 PM »
chris that does look very close i took some pics of lee pkradman,s at mk09 . and yours does look close mate

etriedes

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:38 PM »
It's like the quest for the holy grail the colour of an ET bike lol

etriedes

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 03:31 AM »
So far Hunterdubber has the closest ...

Anyone else ??

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 04:31 PM »
When mine arrived from the states and i got it out of the box i was suprised at how close the red i had chosen for my 1st build was. I put the supernova frame at the side of the original finish e.t. and it was as close as you could get. Sometimes you can't always tell from pics but this is very,very close. I had it done at bob jackson cycles in leeds.It is there flamboyant Red colour. It was quite expensive to have it done though.  http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/

My 1st build.

Here are some pics of the original paint against the paint i had it done in.

etriedes

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 09:51 PM »
Nice colour glynnyboy  ..... looks a brighter red, but i like the colour  :coolsmiley:

Anybody else want to dazzle us with there ET's  8)

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 12:34 PM »
Nice colour glynnyboy  ..... looks a brighter red, but i like the colour  :coolsmiley:

Yeah i know and this is where the photo's fall down a bit because it isn't. When i got the frame i t- cutted a small peice of the original paint when checking the paint colour against the supernova. When you look at the photo's original paint it's dull as dishwater and there's absolutely no glair from the paint in the photo's. The part i t cutted though is brighter, shinier and the metalic effect is clear.
The photo's after it's done though your seeing glair off the shine on the laquer and to be honest you don't see the metalic effect . I will bring it to mk10 and you can check it out in the flesh. Only thing is though we need someone with one with original paint on to compare. :shocked: Now that's rare ;)
You can see how close it is more acuratly on the poster size pic i have of the bike with the moon in the background. When you scrutise that pic you will notice it's lighter than most that are done :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:42 PM by glynnyboy »

splodge

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 08:40 AM »
Heres a thread Ive been running on Pistonheads (as im a petrolhead aswell as an oldskook BMX'er). When its finished, hopefully next week, I was going to start a thread on here showing the restoration from start to finish. Have a look & see what you all think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=174&t=717477&mid=35761&nmt=Restoring%20an%20old%20skool%2080's%20BMX%20(Kuwahara%20ET!)

As i've owned the bike from new I still heve the receipt & owners handbook. Cant wait for next week to put it together  :smitten:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 10:02 AM »
I have some NOS Win V bars  which are essential for a Kuwahara build for sale  ::)

etriedes

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Heres a thread Ive been running on Pistonheads (as im a petrolhead aswell as an oldskook BMX'er). When its finished, hopefully next week, I was going to start a thread on here showing the restoration from start to finish. Have a look & see what you all think.

Splodge awesome thread and hope you show the pics of iit on here once your finished building ..... looks a close colour tooo
NOW GET BUILDING LOL

Cheers
Si

etriedes

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 12:58 PM »
What red did you use in the end splodge ??

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 01:06 PM »
FHM Readers colour, near on perfect IMHO  :daumenhoch:

etriedes

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 01:11 PM »
That does look close DB .....

i'm gonna be spoilt for choice, maybe i should just paint it black n white to save the stress lol

Nahhhhh

splodge

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 01:13 PM »
What red did you use in the end splodge ??

After a couple of weeks looking around Halfords etc I finally found a good selection of reds in Motorman. Not sure if they are just local in Bristol but they have a few branches around here, No14 seemed the closest & now its on, dried & lacquered I think its as close as you can get from a can:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ral colour on et bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx