gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  i broke me hoffman........(never thought i would say that)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: i broke me hoffman........(never thought i would say that)  (Read 1220 times)

condor96

ive been super busy latley doing about ten thousand things,trying to get a bunch of work done,stuff around the house,designing tattoos and been dissassembling a mini ramp to tranfer it to my backyard. so i havent been able to ride my usual 4-5 times a week. i got a condor shirt from egg (thanks again for trading) so i had to go "break it in" doing a little ride and photo shoot....

well i went riding sunday at the skatepark. start flowing the ramps and something seemed funny, like my tires were low which they were a little bit. pumped them up good and went back out and the bike still was feeling just a bit off. didnt really worry about it to much for about an hour. went to the parking lot to get a drink and cool off a bit, rode over to where my buddy was sitting on his bike, start talking and i look down at my down tube and said "where did this scratch come from?" followed very shortly by "WTF! my down tube is broken!, how the hell could this happen?"   this is sad to me as its been my rider for 13 years and have done alot of stuff on it and have gone though so much on the bike    its been such a good bike over the years,hard ramp riding,serious street (like jumping off buidings,huge bike breaking gaps) even went on a few dates on it when i was young before i was old enough to drive, and now its retired. im really glad i looked down and saw it before i went to go jump on the box jump so more as it could have been disaterious and leave me seriously messed uped like when my gt snapped back in 92 when i was 9. now i got to put together another rider.  :( i have nothing to ride now  :'(

condor down....

the last riding pics with it.....

R.I.P. 96-09

:'(  :'(

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: i broke me hoffman........(never thought i would say that)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:59 PM »
yep that will break it,sad news mate.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21 PM »
top riding fella and shame about the frame

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 08:26 PM »
shame its cracked atleast u got some good years riding out of it, on the plus side atleast the down tube hasnt moved/creased get it repaired, repainted and hang it on a wall :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:42 PM »
13 years - I'd say you got your moneys worth dude...? ;)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:11 PM »
A sad day mate.
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

magna13

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 10:14 PM »
 :'( :'( Damm, i ride a Condor myself and that is a terrible shame :'(

bmxbert

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44 AM »
 :'(sad but lucky you have a few more really  :daumenhoch:

southend_styler

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 09:10 AM »
After taking 13yrs of riding, i'd say it served it's purpose, let it retire now and get it hung on the wall and live its life out being admired!!  :coolsmiley:

scooby74

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 07:43 AM »
such a shame mate, but it will look cool hanging on the wall  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  i broke me hoffman........(never thought i would say that)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx