gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 04:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cheap 3 piece cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cheap 3 piece cranks  (Read 695 times)

Offline graeme

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
cheap 3 piece cranks
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Are there any that are any good?

I know 'cheap' and 'good' dont really go hand in hand but i want to replace the 1 piece and 1/2 pedals on my haro rider.

Im skint though so ill either have to find something cheap, or wait.

What are the D20 cranks like on Alans website?

You seem to be able to get cranks from new school completes cheap, in used condition, i assume people are swapping out to aftermarket cranks. Any of them any good?

I could probably justify spending around £50 at the moment, or i could wait a few weeks and possibly get some TP flights, but that depends how work goes over the next few weeks.

Is it worth getting cheap 3 piece cranks or should i just stick with the sugino one piece? Even if the 3 piece isnt stronger, at least i could use stronger pedals.

I aint going to be doing anything major on my bike, but i just dont trust the crank/pedals ive got.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: cheap 3 piece cranks
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:08 PM »
 :) Save up for RL Twin-pinchers,or see what pops up on here.The D20s look OK but the older ones had a 20mm spindle & can be a bit of a pain when looking for bottom brackets.

Offline graeme

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 10:11 PM »
It does mention that on the website.

Im guessing most 3 pieces fitted to completes are reasonably cheaply made too.

TP flights would be my first choice anyway, just not sure i can justify it without much work coming in.

We'll see, im in no rush :)

steve Beech TA

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 03:38 PM »

If your in no rush, I would wait and save as what ever you get you will be dissatisfied with as you will wish you had got the ones you wanted

hope it helps

steve  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cheap 3 piece cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx