gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 10:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new wheels
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new wheels  (Read 1089 times)

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
new wheels
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:26 PM »
today i got bored of my freecoaster and swapped it for 2 wheels and a pair of eastern ultralite forks:)
front is and eastern pro and back is a eastern cassette on i believe and alix rim.
bit of white to brighten things up til saturday when im spraying my bars forks and crank arms yellow(not just any yellow fiat yellow) :D
then some white grips and maybe an white evo2 brake and bobs ya uncle:)
stodgy what grips would you reccomend??
heres some pics

so what d'ya think???
cheers
josh :coolsmiley:

oldschool rider

Re: new wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Why did you swap your freecoaster ? I love mine gives you the best of both worlds.

Steve.

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 04:25 PM »
the clicky noise >:D
and it was slightly buckled and im lazy and cant be arsed with all the maintainingalso caused me alot of problems that caused me to buy a chain tensioner which then snapped.
also it was black.need to brighten my bike up

oldschool rider

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Clicky noise ?????

I run the Khe astern and it's silent that's what I love about it, What freecoaster were you running ?

I have 2 mates who run them here One has an earlier Reverse and the other has a Federal one and they don't make a sound either.

Steve.

magna13

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 04:58 PM »
I like it josh :daumenhoch: wish i had a 9T :'(

Offline josh_spratty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 05:08 PM »
i meant i missed the clicky noise :D

lodge

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 05:16 PM »
I love the clicking sound of a cassette hub, if free-coasters clicked I'd consider one but for now I'd much rather have the clicking. :smitten: :smitten:

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 06:16 PM »
I'm kinda torn between liking the "pedals level" fakie-ing aspect of the freecoaster but liking the lack of "lag" I get from a cassette - (I change my back wheel fairly often because of it  ;D).

Do you adjust the slack much on your Astern steve?

Bp  :daumenhoch:

oldschool rider

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 12:20 AM »
I'm kinda torn between liking the "pedals level" fakie-ing aspect of the freecoaster but liking the lack of "lag" I get from a cassette - (I change my back wheel fairly often because of it  ;D).

Do you adjust the slack much on your Astern steve?

Bp  :daumenhoch:

I got my Astern about 2 mths ago I think off Stodgy laced into a Ody Hazard-light Rim put it on my bike and adjusted the slack to the minimum which gives me enough play so that my pedals don't go backwards but also almost the same feel as a cassette hub. It does take a couple of days to get used to but once you suss it it's great, sure setting it up with more slack makes fakie tricks easier because you have a greater gap but the typical annoyance of the older freecoasters show there face again, if you get the chance to try a bike with the Khe or the Federal V2 which I think has the same allen key axle ajustment give it a try you won't be disapointed and you might just be surprised how good it works I know I was.

Steve :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new wheels

gfxgfx
gfx gfx