gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Just Bought a Ammaco Freestyler F/F off harorider pics needed if poss.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just Bought a Ammaco Freestyler F/F off harorider pics needed if poss.  (Read 2273 times)

fozworth

Hi all ive just bought a 84/85 Ammaco freestyler frame and forks in oem chrome for my first build.He's been realy helpful and i cant wait till it turns up (thanks paul). Although i want to spec the bike myself i would love to see some pics of some original Ammaco freestyler complete bikes for inspiration.
Im going to try and get some black or white Z rims and follow the colour through when i know which i end up with assuming i get them!!

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
I have some Ammacco freestyle bars for sale if ya need them  :daumenhoch:

fozworth

Are they chrome and in excelent cond. cheers mate

sweetbeats

Hi all ive just bought a 84/85 Ammaco freestyler frame and forks in oem chrome for my first build.He's been realy helpful and i cant wait till it turns up (thanks paul). Although i want to spec the bike myself i would love to see some pics of some original Ammaco freestyler complete bikes for inspiration.
Im going to try and get some black or white Z rims and follow the colour through when i know which i end up with assuming i get them!!

Good luck with the 1st build  :daumenhoch:

fozworth

Thanks bud :)

sweetbeats

;)
Welcome Fozworth  :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
have you looked in the museum?
I want to touch ORB

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Are they chrome and in excelent cond. cheers mate

Indeed, I sold them to Nick ages ago, they are mintola  :4_17_5:

fozworth

Just pm,d you mate . Yeh i hope it will make for a vgc build ,would love to see some pics when it was a bike.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
This bike had a lot of history as well, and for a survivor, it was one of the best i've ever seen.

Hope you like it  :daumenhoch:

fozworth

Wow ,that looks rad ,i love it the green looks great to.I hope the chrome is still like that as it looks tops. Thanks Swivel!!

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
i told you the chrome was good :D ;)

fozworth

Do you recon the decals are still as good as well.? After seeing how good it looks in the green its thrown me a bit on colour choice but i recon white/chrome  probably .

haro__master1985

Thats reet smart that  :daumenhoch:

cherrypicker

Lovely bit of kit that. Originally came with spokes they did (Ukais with SR high flange hubs). My mate had one straight out the shop, years ago. Came with DC mx thous and hinged clamp. Had Takagi opc with Victor dx and powerdisc like Mirage. I remember the chainwheel being on the inside of the powerdisc. The bars were like CW's only they had a bend in the crossbar and it had SR  stem. F1 copy grips like Faun, Kenda whitewalls, Renthal post and seat just had bmx on sides - kinda like the Aero cheap ones you see about. I'm sure somebody will correct me, but I think that's about right. Hopefully, somebody will have an original magazine pic for you.

At the end of the day - build it how you want it to look - that's what you would've done back then if you had your choice of parts :daumenhoch:

bert4142

Here is mine ive recently finished.

This is 95% original old school parts not nos, only seat is nos.Lots of hard work gone into this.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Stunning mate, loving the colour scheme  :4_17_5:

fozworth

I second that wicked , are they mx 1000,s and what chainwheel and spider are they plus crank. Cheers ja

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
By the way, I have a very rare blue with a silver strip Ammaco stamped chainring, only know of a few of them about and its NOS, mint in its packet. Interested, let me know  :)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Err you go, if you're interested LMK, Matt  :daumenhoch:

bert4142

Its all the original parts that were re painted to match the ame grips, all done by yours truly!!!

That chainwheel will look nice so will your pads!!!

Let me know swivel on a price for the pads and c wheel only.

cheers for your comments :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Will do Bert, talk to you in the morning mate  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Just Bought a Ammaco Freestyler F/F off harorider pics needed if poss.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx