gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975622 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 02:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  diacompe Nippon info please!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: diacompe Nippon info please!  (Read 599 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
diacompe Nippon info please!
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:47 AM »
can anyone tell me if there are differing Nippon front brakes - it seems people go crazy for front nippons, though I sometimes see the ones with the quick release [ freestyle brake routing]  - are these rare and valuable now? Ive seen a few, so they don't seem that rare.. or are they??
steve

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
Re: diacompe Nippon info please!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 10:14 AM »
the only different front brake tha' i've had are the spindles, the earlier ones (I think) had an hex bolt affair and the later a normal bolt... the quick release on the front potts nippon is like a normal quick release diacompe and is not reversed as you would think ie the quick realease is still at the bottom where the cable goes and the adjuster is at the top cable pinch.

joe6187

Re: diacompe Nippon info please!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Early hex bolt version still use the adjuster supply by winnman, later version dia-compe made their adjuster....
Latest version without "NIPPON" at the body, all made in Taiwan, not at Japan anymore  :'(
Maybe more haro guy pop up hunting for front nippon  :D   I want too  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  diacompe Nippon info please!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx