gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 01:43 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Had to wet sand a section of powder coating - what product is best for buffing??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Had to wet sand a section of powder coating - what product is best for buffing??  (Read 1070 times)

ozone

As above, a frame of mine had some superficial marks which rubbed out really easily with a 1200 grit wet and dry.  I'm sure you can buff powder back to a decent shine but I need a recommendation of which products work best.  Preferably something I can buy at a local halfords or similar - nothing mega high-end like what car detailers carry as I doubt I'll use it again.

Should I just PM Meticus to save time :D  What do you reckon?

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
ive used tcut in the past after 1200 wet&dry come up super shiny
redid the whole frame after then sold it  :idiot2:

neiljonarcus

g3  ferecla  or a simalar product  then a hand glaze should bring it back just nice

ozone

g3  ferecla  or a simalar product  then a hand glaze should bring it back just nice

They sound like high-end products to me, boss :D  I know my local car store has T-Cut and similar products in stock so I'll probs just go for one of those :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
normal off the shelf tcut, dont go too mad on the rubbing, just light circles untill you see the

marks gone, best after this is to shine it back with normal car wax :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

ozone

normal off the shelf tcut, dont go too mad on the rubbing, just light circles untill you see the

marks gone, best after this is to shine it back with normal car wax :)

Thanks for all the replies guys, T-Cut it is then :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
farecla g3 is not a high end product, its much better than tcut. and available at most motor shops. if you do use tcut, make sure you dont go over the top with it, it cuts back paint quicker than you expect.
I want to touch ORB

ozone

Okay.  I thought with N2Cus being in the trade, that it might be pretty mundane to him but it mightn't be available at my local store.  I will keep my eyes peeled for that product.

If I end up with T-Cut I will be careful.  The powder is reasonably thick so I'm sure I should get away with it :)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
yep, t cut is fine, but in my opinion g3 is easier, and they sell it at my local shop.

youll be ok with tcut for a small area of poowdercoat, as long as you go steady, and dont go mad.
I want to touch ORB

neiljonarcus

ozone send me  your address  i will send you some of this  stuff  its the best stuff on the market  i use it all the time

noe thw white is a fast cut product you only need a little and no water
and the grey is a ceramic polish it will fill tiny scratches and put a protective
coating over your substraight 
   what size area are you doing  ?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:23 AM by n2cus »

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
you givin away freebee's?    >:D
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

neiljonarcus

yes samantha  only  a sample to help out  mate  but if i get some more sample,s off the festool guy you will be the 1st to get your hands on them mate   :-*

that ceramic polish is amazing for hologram and polish swirls on black cars  as  i said before its the best on the market  . knock,s fook out of any 3m product

ask  moanjam he seen me using it the other day
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:32 AM by n2cus »

ozone

yes samantha  only  a sample to help out  mate  but if i get some more sample,s off the festool guy you will be the 1st to get your hands on them mate   :-*

that ceramic polish is amazing for hologram and polish swirls on black cars  as  i said before its the best on the market  . knock,s fook out of any 3m product

ask  moanjam he seen me using it the other day

Cheers for the offer mate, but I nipped out and bought some T-cut this morning and it worked perfectly. :daumenhoch:  That was a really nice gesture though :4_17_5:

It was only a small area of powdered tubing which was dull because I rubbed out some light scratches with some wet and dry.  After using the T-Cut, I polished the whole frame afterwards and you would never know where the scratches were. ;)  I'm not saying the frame had a lot of obvious orange peel but the area I rubbed down is definitely smoother than the rest of the frame but it's not noticeable ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Had to wet sand a section of powder coating - what product is best for buffing??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx